Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences – across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We’re made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Who is Kickbooster?
Kickbooster is a high-growth division of Bold Commerce, dedicated to creating the most powerful and effective technology solutions for the crowdfunding industry. We develop and manage a suite of crowdfunding products, aimed at empowering individuals to bring their ideas to life!
We’re looking for a self-motivated Business Development Representative (BDR) to join the Kickbooster team at Bold Commerce!
About the role
The role of a BDR is simply to BUILD. To build relationships with project creators and agencies, who are looking for solutions to bring their ideas to life. To build partnerships with other technology providers, creating more powerful and innovative solutions. To build communities within crowdfunding, enabling growth across the industry. And to build Kickbooster’s reputation as an industry leader within the crowdfunding ecosystem.
The role will require you to identify market opportunities, cultivate new relationships throughout the industry, create feedback loops between Kickbooster and our stakeholders, and ultimately ensure Kickbooster is providing as much value to our customers, partners, and community as possible.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves to build something out of nothing, including processes, strategies, and most importantly, relationships.
- Is not afraid to test new ideas, step outside their comfort zone, and learn from triumphs and failures.
- Gets a great deal of satisfaction from helping others succeed, including customers, partners, and teammates.
- Is self-motivated, driven, and hates the idea of being complacent or stagnant.
- Thrives within a start-up culture and understands the mentality around growth, work ethic, flexibility, and adaptability.
You will deliver results by:
- Managing and maintaining relationships with our agency and technology partners
- Managing and maintaining relationships with serial crowdfunders and their communities
- Identifying key stakeholders (including customers, partners, and affiliates), and developing innovative strategies to connect with them Managing the full partnership cycle from prospect, demo, contract, integration, and on-going management
- Providing demos and training on Kickbooster’s suite of products
Here’s what we need from you:
- Desire to get shit done
- Alignment with our core values
- 3+ years experience in a business development, partnerships, or sales role
- Experience in a start-up or technology company considered an asset
- Ability to hit targets while working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience or demonstrable interest in the crowdfunding industry
- Ability to be persistent and creative to gain access to new customers and partners
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong problem solving abilityWillingness to travel (when safe to do so)
Other skills that will get you far:
- Pre-established relationships within the crowdfunding industry
- Experience within a crowdfunding agency or tech solution provider
- Experience launching a crowdfunding campaign from start to finish
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Development time – use 10% of your working hours to work on a project of your choice that helps you develop new skills, improve current processes, or explore new ideas.
- Continuous learning – participate in our mentorship programs or career pathing, and take advantage of our yearly education fund of $500 per employee.
- Employee ownership – We offer an Employee Share Ownership Program so that everyone in our company has a voice and stake in our success.
We are a fast-growing team that provides a lot of opportunity to contribute to our development and establish the foundation that we’ll build upon for years to come. A candidate who is hungry to learn and grow will be able to progress quickly and will be given many opportunities to develop their skills and advance in their career. We are committed to your personal and professional development and provide various benefits to support this.
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you’ve got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!