You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The primary purpose of the Business Development Partner, Ottawa Capital is to onboard, develop, coach and support between 8-15 developing Advisors for a period of 36-48 months in a holistic approach to business development (e.g. insurance and wealth), sales growth and client service.
What will you do?
- Lead developing Advisors through onboarding, training and development programs
- Work with developing Advisors to meet financial and strategic objectives (i.e. sales growth, productivity, client engagement, etc.)
- Oversee required measures to ensure compliant operations at the Financial Centre Level
- Ensure assigned Advisors are appropriately trained, licensed, registered and following defined products, suitability to ensure compliance with regulatory and Sun Life obligations
- Recruit, select, train and onboard new Advisors and actively oversee successful execution of an Onboarding Plan
- Escalate client complaints including assessment and advisor investigations.
- Ensure operational effectiveness is consistent with business plans by ensuring adherence of Advisor Agreement, data and metrics activity
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong product knowledge of insurance and wealth products; good understanding of the characteristics of the local market.
- Strong sales management and business development skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching, performance management and influencing skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills.
- Previous experience leading people through large-scale change within a matrix environment.
- Previous experience in an Advisor role, with proven track record of developing successful advisors, would be an asset.
- Previous people leadership experience would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience within the financial services industry.
- Must hold a valid Life Insurance Agent’s license in the province in which your Financial Centre is located.
- Must be willing to complete the Branch Manager’s Course Examination and satisfy the experience required to become registered as a mutual fund branch manager with the appropriate provincial securities commission.
- Must be in good standing with applicable regulators.
- A professional financial services designation would be an asset.
- Proficient with various technologies – i.e. Salesforce.com, Sun Vision Financial Analyzer.
What’s in it for you?
- Working within a high performance culture.
- Supportive working environment, culture of collaboration.
- Talented and diverse workforce; opportunity to launch a rewarding career.
- A company that promotes health, wellness, and work/life balance.
- We encourage our employees to champion continuous improvement.
- Joining a reputable organization with over 150 years of history.
- Attractive compensation and benefit package
The pay for sales roles includes a competitive salary and bonus plan. Some sales roles may have a salary outside of the range posted below
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected] .
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
67,400/67 400 – 110,100/110 100
Sales – SIP
Posting End Date: