David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Business Development Manager based in Vancouver, BC.
The focus of this position is to work with current key accounts, whilst working towards growing the business in Western Canada. The type of person who will succeed in this position will have experience in service and solutions selling and have worked previously within the learning and development industry. This role requires you to work with clients to discuss training solutions for their staff, you will strive to build long-term partnerships while consistently seeking opportunities to become our clients’ business learning solution provider of choice.
- Manage the entire business development process to ensure delivery against revenue and profit targets, with a strong emphasis on new business acquisition and activities designed to expand relationships within existing accounts
- Perform account management activities to build customer satisfaction and long-term customer loyalty
- Qualify accounts and opportunities and provide talent development solution advice and product knowledge expertise
- Prepare high-quality proposals, including responding to complex RFP’s
- Develop and manage client contracts, negotiate terms of pricing, expectations, timelines etc
- Engage appropriate resources and selection of partners including internal Talent Development Solutions Professionals, Facilitators and others who are needed to ensure agreed-upon outcomes and results
- Maintain account files, accurate pipeline forecasting, report documentation and proposals/bids data using the CRM System- Salesforce
- Keep up to date with changes and events in key industries and sectors within your region/vertical and be knowledgeable regarding your clients business and emerging needs related to market trends
The Ideal Candidate:
The right person:
- Post-secondary education
- 7+ years of demonstrated successful sales experience within learning and development or a related “service” selling area that required a strategic selling approach
- A real passion for business development
- Excellent consultative selling and negotiation skills along with strong customer relationship orientation that builds on trust and integrity
- Self-motivated with a strong goal and results orientation
- Superior organizational, communication and time management skills combined with strong problem-solving skills
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Lisa Wickman , Consultant, Sales & Marketing & Customer Service. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.