HomeEquity Bank is the leading national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over, Canada’s fastest growing demographic segment. HomeEquity Bank originates and administers Canada’s largest portfolio of reverse mortgages under the CHIP Home Income Plan™ brand. New mortgages are originated on a direct to consumer basis as well as through referral arrangements with the six largest banks, leading mortgage brokers and financial planning firms. HomeEquity Bank has been the main underwriter of reverse mortgages in Canada since its predecessor; Canadian Home Income Plan Corporation pioneered the concept in 1986. HomeEquity Bank has a highly effective direct-to-consumer distribution model (B2C), as well as an established referral network (B2B), including Canada’s major banks, credit unions, financial planners and mortgage brokers.
HomeEquity Bank is exceptionally well positioned for further growth for a number of very important reasons: 1) positive demographic trends in the 55 years old and over segment, 2) wider awareness and growing demand of reverse mortgages in the market, 3) significant barriers to entry for competitors, and 4) HomeEquity Bank’s firm position as market leader.
The role of a Business Development Manager is to develop business relationships with our referral partners and work closely with their clients. Your performance will be measured against quarterly and annual quotas and rewarded with a competitive base salary, a highly competitive commission and annual bonus program as well as a car allowance, benefits program and fully-quipped home office.
Major Elements of The Role
- Responsible for delivering established sales targets and active territory management.
- Generate revenue and achieve individual, team and organizational quotas, while also contributing to sales strategy by defining and implementing plans to achieve sales objectives
- Close sales by effectively managing the sales process from first contact to funding while managing the involvement of third-party participants such as Financial Advisor, Banker, Accountant, Lawyer, etc.
- Develop and maintain referral-producing relationships with established corporate partners through frequent Product Awareness Presentations and regular branch/site meetings.
- Ongoing development of product knowledge, sales skills and sales/relationship management technique
- Managing relationships in the territory via Sales force
- Responsible for providing sound activity management reports
- Create, develop and customize approved sales program to ensure that the company’s products are effectively represented throughout the assigned territory
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 8 years of financial services sales experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent is preferred
- Applicants with experience in business development, territory management, credit or mortgage brokering experience are preferred
The Keys to Your Success will include:
- Strong understanding of the current financial services environment
- A passion for relationship building and business development
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Natural leadership qualities
- Team player and internally motivated to be the best
- A track record of overachieving quota
- A self-motivator with a desire to be a top earner in a performance-based compensation model
Individuals must comply with the Bank’s AML, Fraud and Privacy Policies and procedures and be vigilant in the detection and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and the safeguard of all client information.
HomeEquity Bank complies with the Employment Equity Act. Our Employment Equity program is intended to help ensure that all Canadians have the same access to the labour market and to ensure the full representation of members of the four designated groups which include: women, visible minorities, Aboriginal People and Persons with Disabilities.
If you would like more information on the HomeEquity Bank please visit: www.homeequitybank.ca. If you’d like to find out more about the CHIP Home Income Plan solution, please visit www.chip.ca.
- Pay Type Salary