Business Development Manager, Security Solutions (Northern Ontario Territory)
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure SolutionsCanada including, but not limited to: background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreignequivalency). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by thisemployee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by thisposition’s management.
We are seeking a sales professional with “New Client Prospecting” experience who can become a trusted advisor with customers, transform possibilities into probabilities, channel & new market development, has superior communication skills, creativity & innovation, and integrity. A passion for sales is considered important for the success of this role and the ability to see the bigger picture and organize a complete total Integrated Security Solutions package will be an asset. The candidate will focus their attention but not confined to the area of Barrie and Northern Ontario that will include being able to service and sell in areas like Sudbury, North Bay and other Northern centres.
- Developing commercial business to meet sales targets for the Secure Integration line of business
- Developing relationships that will allow the introduction of the other lines of business within G4S
- Makes initial and follow-up calls to prospective clients for the purpose of scheduling sales appointments
- Identifying industries, and new markets to introduce Value Added Security solutions
- Promote the entire line of security solutions provided by G4S Canada
- Analyzes the requirements of formal RFPs and works cooperatively with the Bid Management Team to construct RFP responses
- Develops the proposal in coordination with the Operations Team
- Makes presentations to potential client decision makers, either individually or co-ordinates a team of specialists to assist in the presentation
- Attends self-generated sales appointments, educating potential customers on G4S products and solutions
- Maintains database of prospective, opportunities, recording contact history and future activities in the G4S CRM solution
- Works with the G4S team to provide solutions designed to solve customers’ business challenges
- Traveling will be required to perform work at various client sites; approximately 60-80%
- Work is performed inside the Branch office approximately 20%
- Use of a computer, telephone and motor vehicle is required
- Position is associated with highly personal client information and extreme confidentiality must be practiced
- Complete compliance to the G4S Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement, and Corporate Policy
- As a Business Development Manager, you will be a well-rounded professional with the ability to contribute in other areas to ensure the smooth running of the branch. These areas include but are not limited to training, recruiting and scheduling where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience as a sales person in a hunter role is mandatory
- Industry knowledge of Video, Access Control, Intrusion, and other common technology platforms is required.
- Manufacturer relationships are required.
- Must be able to comprehend, interpret, and have a good level of design and estimating capability.
- Minimum 7 years of selling experience involving security technology solutions.
- Be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of our operations
- Demonstrated experience developing security solutions with strategic and financial impact
- Demonstrated ability to increase revenues in a designated territory
- Working knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of the marketplace
- Ability to handle tough negotiations
- Demonstrate effective client relationship management
- Exceptional verbal communication, written, and presentation skills
- Teamwork & Innovation: ability to work effectively with employee groups and building partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Consultative Professional demeanor and selling style
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Experience prospecting and hunting for new business as well as pipeline development in the local market an asset.
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Passionate about Service Excellence, Safety and Security
- Act with Integrity and Respect to internal and external clients
- Shares knowledge and capabilities; builds relations with other Branches and Regions
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace
- Motivates, supports and inspires
- Drives superior performance; meets objectives and deadlines
- Retains accountability
- Embraces a learning environment
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.