As Business Development Manager, you will have experience calling on Wealth Management Firms and Advisors within the Downtown Toronto core to North York corridor, presenting and educating them on the benefits of a Reverse Mortgage Product that may be ideal for their clients 55 and over. The position includes a generous base salary of $75,000, commission, car allowance, expense account, retirement savings matching, and stock option plan. With the ability to earn over $100,000 in the first year.
Our client is expanding and looking to add a Business Development Managers to manage the corridor from Toronto Downtown to North York
THE COMPANY & CULTURE
Our Client is a tier-one bank and the leading national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over. Our Client is the leading underwriter of reverse mortgages in Canada since it pioneered the concept in 1986.
The company is also:
- Dynamic, evolving, fun, and entrepreneurial culture.
- Rapidly expanding organization with high year-over-year growth.
- Recipient of the “Best Workplaces in Canada” Award.
- People-focused, collaborative, and diverse team environment.
- Continuous personal and product development and on-the-job training.
As Business Development Manager you will be reporting to the Regional Sales Director and focused on leveraging your existing relationships with Wealth Management Advisors and helping them identify their ideal client that would benefit from a reverse mortgage.
This is a B2B sales role. You will not be calling on individual, end-user customers directly. The end-user customer will continue to deal through the Bank or Mortgage Broker directly, and our client provides all back-office support to the Wealth Management providers to complete the transaction.
Your role as Business Development Manager is to promote, educate and build trusted relationships within the Wealth Management sector so they are consistently referring our Clients reverse mortgage product to their clients.
You will be spending a large portion of your time PRESENTING to large and small groups. Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills are essential to be successful in this role.
- This is a work from home position
- The Geographical Territory is the corridor from Toronto Downtown to North York.
As Business Development Manager, you will be calling exclusively on Wealth Management Firms and Advisors, presenting and educating them on the benefits of a Reverse Mortgage Product encouraging them to show your Reverse Mortgage products that may ideal for their clients 55 and over.
Our client pioneered the reverse mortgage product and is the largest provider of reverse mortgages in Canada.
Wealth Management Firms and Advisors.
PRODUCT & SALES CYCLE
The typical value of a reverse mortgage is $150,000 and the average time from an end-user customer expressing interest to the transaction closing is four (4) weeks.
TYPICAL DAY & DUTIES
- Your day will be on the road. The goal is to have at least 20 face-to-face meetings/presentations per week to various Wealth Management advisors. Sometimes these are scheduled, other times they are drop-ins.
- You will be spending a large portion of your time PRESENTING to large and small groups. Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills are essential to be successful in this role.
- You will be leveraging existing relationships, networking, prospecting, and developing leads within your area, as well as following up on supplied leads.
- You will be spending the vast majority of your time is formally presenting the product and answering questions to large groups of Wealth Managers.
- You will be building trusting relationships with Wealth Management Advisors who can recommend the product to their clients.
- You will have limited administrative duties as you will be assigned support staff that will handle all the detailed work once a client wants to get a reverse mortgage.
- Administration duties include entering data in SalesForce CRM and monthly expense reports.
- No overnight travel is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Base Salary is $75,000
- First Year OTE $100,000
- Ability to earn over $200,000
- Commission/bonuses paid quarterly and yearly based on performance.
- Ability to receive award/perks if you achieve Presidents Club Level
- Generous Car Allowance.
- Expense Account
- Full Benefits, premiums fully paid by Client.
- RSP Matching
- Stock Option Plan
- Cell Phone
SUPPORT & TRAINING
- Formal Classroom
- On the Job
- Within 3-weeks you will be in the field.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- 8 + years of sales experience.
- 8 + years in a similar B2B role calling on Wealth Management Advisors
- Have existing relationships promoting financial products to Wealth Management Advisors in the IROC, MFDA, MGA, and EMD space with the territory.
- Solution-based selling.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- CSC, CLU, or other designations preferred.
IDEAL PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Creative, thinks outside the box
- Natural relationship builder.
- Memorable, charismatic, and confident.
- EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATION AND PRESENTATION SKILLS.
- Post-secondary, or professional experience equivalent.
- Computer Savvy
- Above-average at PowerPoint is essential as a large part of your job is making presentations regularly to small and large groups.
- Social Media Savvy
- Full MS Office Suite (Excel/Word)
MUST HAVE BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
- Drivers Abstract Check
- Two (2) references from those you directly reported.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Looking to be part of an established, stable and growing company.
- Looking for a Good Work/Live Balance
- Selling a product with a healthy future, little competition, aging demographic, and lending laws that are becoming more attractive.
- Being able to help the aging demographic with limited income that wants to stay in their homes longer.
COVER LETTER = BONUS POINTS
Cover Letters are valued and read in their entirety. Please describe how your skills and past experiences make you an Ideal Candidate for this position.
OTHER SALES JOBS
If this job is not ideal for you, please upload your resume for future considerations athttps://justsalesjobs.recruiterbox.com/jobs/61ab37640cd048c4b78dc09bcbf58e04
Or visit our website to view other available sales jobs athttps://justsalesjobs.ca/jobs/
ABOUT JUST SALES JOBS
Just Sales Jobs sources and places Top Sales Talent from Toronto to Kitchener/Waterloo and Cities in between. We use Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies along with a proven hiring methodology to identify Top Sales Talent.
Just Sales Jobs has earned the reputation as the best recruitment agency in Ontario. We source and place for Sales Positions between Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo, and cities in between. Sales positions we hire for include, Vice President of Sales, National Sales Director, Sales Director, Director of Sales, Regional Sales Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Vice President Business Development, Business Development, Business Development Director, Business Development Representative, Business Development Manager, Business Development Officer, Sales Representative, Senior Sales Representative, Sales Development Representative, Account Manager, Account Executive, Senior Account Manager, Telemarketer, Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Door to Door Sales.