David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Business Development Manager based in Calgary, AB.
Helping businesses keep a promise to their employees is a great feeling, and that is what we deliver everyday. We are one of the pre-eminent construction industry associations in Canada, and we are looking for great sales team members who want to feel fantastic about the employee benefit plan solutions and services they provide and the good they do.
For nearly 45 years, our client has been prominent in the construction industry. Today, they represent more than 2,500 members and clients, and are one of the leading third-party providers of group health and retirement benefits in Western Canada, and are one of the single largest sponsors of trade apprentices and workforce development.
As a Business Development Manager – Prairies, based in Calgary, AB with our brokerage arm, you will be front and center selling new employee group health benefit and group retirement solutions to new prospects across the Alberta and Prairie marketplace. You will proactively prospect and engage owners and benefit decision makers at organizations growing our Western Canadian economy.
- Driving new Group Benefits and Group Retirement sales Across Alberta and the Prairies
- Proactively prospecting new client opportunities
- Secure appointments and meetings with prospective owners and decision-makers
- Creatively address customer issues and suggest solutions and options
- Quote new Group Benefit and Retirement opportunities
- Work closely with Underwriting on proposals and amendments
- Consistently achieve new sales targets and KPI’s
The Ideal Candidate:
You are an AB life licensed, group benefits professional looking for your next great sales career opportunity. You are perpetually in motion, self-motivated, and accountable for your sales cycle and your results; proactively driving new sales opportunities forward with the backing of great benefit plan tools and solutions is your hallmark. Comfortable learning and leveraging an established technology backbone designed to maintain prospect responsiveness, you never let an opportunity slip. A lifetime learner mindset allows you to be at the forefront of issues impacting Western Canadian companies in the group benefits world and allows you to embrace ways to suggest new and innovative solutions to deliver amazing results and to grow our client base.
- AB Life licensed with Group Benefits knowledge with 3+ years experience preferred
- Must have means to travel in Alberta and Prairie region
- Exceptional at building new relationships and able to connect easily in person or over the phone
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and resourceful, with strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a competitive desire to achieve goals and control income potential
- Eager to contribute, learn and grow with an experienced and high-profile organization
- Experience with a TPA an asset
- Retirement solutions knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive base salary, generous and uncapped variable sales commission, a full benefits package, RRSP matching, transportation allowance, and we encourage professional development and pursuing learning and development opportunities as part of a growing organization.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Rob Thomas , Consultant, Sales & Marketing. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com