PULLMAN, a Structural Group Company, integrates technology-driven, engineered solutions into its industry-leading contracting services. PULLMAN’s capabilities include specialty design-build services for new and existing structures, as well as a wide range of specialty repair and maintenance services. With offices located throughout North America, and as a signatory to local, national, and international labor union agreements, PULLMAN has the track record and the experience to meet our customers’ specialty contracting needs.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Development Manager to develop new and strengthen existing client relationships in Toronto-Hamilton Metropolitan area. As a Business Development Manager for the PULLMAN business line, you will be accountable for bringing the capabilities of PULLMAN to the commercial market. Construction projects within the commercial market include but are not limited to: structural strengthening, structural concrete repair, historic restoration, building envelope and facade repair, waterproofing, and corrosion control.
As a Business Development professional for PULLMAN, you will collaborate with our Technologies and Operations teams to develop solutions that tackle the toughest construction challenges and meet the needs of our valued customers.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining, and expanding business relationships with owners, engineers, general contractors
- Participating in sales meetings, sales calls, seminar facilitation, lunch & learns, trade shows, and the development of other sales strategies and initiatives
- Proactively managing accounts and expanding the Company’s business relationship with them
- Meeting or exceeding annual sales goals set forth by management
- Creating, presenting, or responding to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions
- Managing a sales process related to projects with varying levels of complexity and contract values
- Developing upstream leads and opportunities and managing them through to close
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this exciting opportunity:
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree may be given preference
- Minimum 5 years of previous sales experience building relationships and expanding a client base in the commercial market. Preferably selling specialty construction services or products / services to the commercial market, to include calling on owners, local engineers and general contracting firms.
- Strong knowledge of the Toronto construction market (including engineering firms, property management firms, building owners, general contractors, architects, etc.)
- Track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals / quotas utilizing a CRM system
- Solid understanding of sales process with the ability to explain that process from identification of opportunity through close of sale
- Candidates who possess previous construction or restoration experience will be given preference
- Local travel 70%-80% of the time
Our ideal Business Development candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
PULLMAN, a Structural Group Company, is proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality.