David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with my client, located in Montreal, Quebec, to recruit for a bilingual Business Development Manager with a background in logistics (Ocean/Air/Land).
Position Description Summary:
The Business Development Manager’s role is to expand the client’s business. The role has a Strategic Account focus, and requires the ability to develop senior level relationships with client decision makers, with the goal of product, market and vertical growth. While the incumbent may have a primary product focus, he/she is expected to market all of company’s services to potential and existing clients. The Business Development Manager must also be committed to exceeding client expectations while respecting company policies.
Principal Accountabilities:New Business Development
- Planning and Development
- Identifies and brings forward new business opportunities.
- Establishes a prospecting plan; identifies potential clients using knowledge of the market electronic databases, industry trade associations, trade shows, networking events, and consults other sources of information
Prepare action plans
- Identifies decision makers at target clients
- Maintains a good understanding of client business segment and of solutions proposed by the competition
- Identifies and analyze customer needs and develop solutions adapted to client expectations
- Negotiates prices and conditions based on the type of service offering; proposes complementary services
- Obtains a service agreement/contract
- Follow-up and portfolio maintenance
- Maintains regular contact with clients
- Anticipates evolution of customer demands and translate those into service offerings
- Responsible for ongoing, continuous customer relationship development with attendance at industry
- networking events, and hosting of customer entertainment meetings
- Collaborates with the company’s Business Development and Product Management Teams in developing innovative value propositions and customer solutions
The Ideal Candidate:
- Require 10 years of relevant sales experience; understands and anticipates customer needs
- Should be bilingual (English and French)
- Degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Concrete business examples of sales accomplishments
- Plans work and measures performance
- Business Community involvement
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Microsoft Office & Ability to learn and use other applications
- Fluency in second language an asset
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Sushant Shah, Consultant, Aplin Engineering & Technical / Supply Chain & Operations Management.We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP