We are constantly perfecting our ground game, delivering solutions and tools that are battlefield proven and have earned the confidence of soldiers and leaders around the world. Over the last 30 years, we have successfully developed and delivered the largest and most complex C4I programs in the world for Canadian, UK, U.S., and other allied armed forces.
We are currently seeking a resourceful Business Development Manager experienced in U.S. and international markets to lead product sales efforts within our Land & Joint business area . We are looking for a creative thinker who can maintain good visibility into the sales process and confirm, qualify, and prioritize sales opportunities to prepare proposals that will result in winning bids. Responsibilities will include: validating customer funding, identifying contract vehicles, understanding buying trends within different customer segments, and providing useful market information back to determine market expansions/contractions and new product introductions.
- Maintaining frequent contact with existing, new, and potential customers in the international scene
- Meeting with core and new customer base for Land and Joint Solutions in order to provide status reports on company activities, to make presentations on company experience and capabilities, and to identify new business opportunities, thereby adding to the company’s business forecast. In addition to Land and Joint Business area focus and interests, the overall interests of General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada are to be presented to customers
- Building and maintaining a strong network with industrial colleagues which are considered to be competitive threats, as well as potential collaboration partners/subcontractors for business opportunities. This includes identifying the strengths and weaknesses of potential international partners and competitors for collaboration and/or competition;
- Building a powerful network with representatives/project staff in various government and OEM customer departments and organizations which are able to support GDMS-C interests
- Developing Business Cases and Strategic Plans for each pursuit or capture activity, including project summary, customer thinking/concerns/direction with comprehensive insight into approvers, decision makers and influencing forces. Additionally building the timeline, customer’s budget; strategic importance/relevance to GDMS-C, Win themes and strategies, available budgets, competitive force information with Price to Win analysis, teaming recommendations and appropriate payback and expansion schemes
- Identification of new/non-traditional business opportunities in line with GDMS-C long term strategic vision. This is about a drive for growth and desire to broaden our capabilities, not just maintaining the status quo
- Acting as Proposal Manager for management-approved opportunities and holding, Pursuit Decisions, Bid/No Bid and Formal Management Review Meetings in accordance with the company’s
- Bid and Proposal Development Procedures
- Following-up with customers in a discreet and permissible manner in order to ensure that proposals are favorably received and reviewed
- Maintaining regular contact with other business units and providing them with information regarding specific programs, customer direction and thinking, as well as general information dealing with the Defence market
- Providing monthly project updates for Business Development Meetings and supporting strategic planning sessions
- Participating in the development, planning, and implementation of marketing and sales programs such as trade shows, press releases, brochures, data sheets, white papers, briefings, etc.
- Planning and attending international trade shows and conferences in order to promote the company and its capabilities
- Administering and controlling such budget resources or other allocations as may be assigned from time to time
- Interfacing with all groups within the company to establish a smooth flow of information related to all projects and to seek advice from others
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience in a Defence related industrial sector (technical, project management, or marketing/business development) with a successful track record of sales in markets with a long sales cycle
- Experience with international defense sales, knowledge and track record of working procurement processes throughout the world
- Not only a burning drive to win but a creative thinker with a strong externally facing and internally astute business acumen in effort to want to find a way
- A collaborative leader who is competent in pulling multi-disciplinary teams together and aligning them around common goals and objectives as they relate to winning and corporate growth
- Understanding of government policies and OEM suppliers as related to Defence procurement, and good understanding of particulars related to Ground Combat Systems, Communication and Vehicle Electronics projects.
- Business Development and Capture Management experience
- Proposal development experience would be ideal
- Be able to work flexible hours and be willing to travel
- Prefer Engineering Degree and MBA desirable however an acceptable level of engineering and business experience will be considered for the right candidate
Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Our Company Benefits
Our contribution to our employees represents much more than just a pay check. We invest in our employees’ health and wellness, paid time off, retirement, income protection, work/life balance, talent development and more. As a General Dynamics employee, you can enjoy many of our benefits including:
- Health and optional dental plan
- Life insurance and retirement benefits
- Vacation and flexible work environment
- On-site fitness facilities
- Free parking
- Hockey and soccer leagues
- Tickets and giveaways offered through our Recreation Association
About General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada
General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is one of the country’s most innovative defence and security technology companies, providing advanced thinking, design expertise, and implementation know-how to equip military and first responders with leading-edge hardware, software and systems.
Our employees innovate on a daily basis. Part of General Dynamics Mission Systems, a global company with more than 13,000 employees across 100 facilities worldwide, our success stems from strong system engineering experience, ongoing investment in research and development, collaboration with commercial and military systems industry leaders, and a singular focus on customer service.
In Canada, we employ more than 1,300 people across three locations. Our business groups include: Land Communications, Airborne Mission Systems, Underwater Warfare and Cyber Solutions.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! (Workplace accommodations are available).