TricorBraun is a global packaging leader, with more than 1,100 team members working from 50 locations throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
As North America’s largest distributor of primary packaging, we provide innovative solutions to customers from a wide variety of industries. Our award-winning Design & Engineering team provides creative, custom packaging solutions, for cutting-edge start-ups to the world’s most iconic brands. And as one of the largest purchasers of packaging in the world, we leverage our global supply chain expertise to provide cost-effective solutions for our customers.
Since our company was founded in 1902, we have continually evolved to meet our customers’ needs. Our substantial growth, both organic and through strategic acquisitions, enables us to provide unlimited opportunities for team members to develop and succeed.
We are focused on being the Best Place for the Best People in Packaging-it is the foundation of our strategy and of our success. Join us as we work together to build the undisputed global packaging leader.
Our Operating Principles
We are working together to build the undisputed global packaging leader. We will achieve this objective through the pursuit of five core operating principles:
1. We exist to serve customers. All team members are here to serve the customer. We deliver exceptional products and services to our customers.
2. We create the best place for the best people. The team with the best players wins.
3. We deliver results. We are committed to delivering results for customers, team members, supply partners, and shareholders.
4. We get things done. We keep things simple and do them quickly.
5. We do things the right way, always. Winning only counts if done the right way.
Pet Power Containers, a TricorBraun Company is seeking to add a Business Development Manager to our team. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for research, planning, coordinating, and developing new project requests, including bid-to-win pricing strategies for the sales team. The Business Development Manager facilitates key account relationships and driving new business revenue through developing and coordinating projects to grow the business by performing the duties listed below.
- Responds quickly, accurately, and effectively to new inquiries that come in via email, and phone.
• Engages with the requester to understand their goals, needs, and key requirements.
• Researches understands, qualifies, and approves all new project requests.
• Coordinates and collaborates with plant production, engineering, quality, finance, and operations team to execute requested projects
- Utilizes key information and knowledge to build profitable winning pricing strategies
- Supports Packaging Consultants with new projects, samples, sourcing, and quoting.
• Maintains accurate and detailed project and quote information
- Manages CRM and creates regular reports, tracking the progress of new projects and price quotations.
- Promotes and markets product offerings and showcases new products, services, materials, and processes to the packaging consultants.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of products and manufacturing process of two-stage heat and stretch blow molding of PET bottles and injection molding of preforms.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of mold and tooling requirements for the manufacture of blow-molded PET bottles.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Project coordination and follow up
- Experience working with an ERP package (Spire, Sage 300 Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Sound commercial experience demonstrated by a strong ability to develop pricing strategies to enhance profitability.
- Ability to gather, organize, analyze, and present varied data related to the role.
- Skillfully use computerized accounting systems and basic Microsoft office products.
- Contribute to a successful workgroup by listening to and taking time to understand management’s and co-worker’s suggestions and concerns and offer constructive suggestions and ideas that help the team to meet or exceed objectives and goals.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of assigned responsibilities and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace.
- Five to seven years of experience in plastic technology with a solid understanding of 2 stages of PET blow molding and manufacturing processes.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of experience in PET blow molding OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is performed in a normal office setting in a manufacturing environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards.
- Substantial time is spent working on a computer. Light physical effort is required, including the handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds and some standing, walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, grasping, lifting, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Environment can be demanding and fast-paced.
- The work schedule is generally 40 hours a week, but hours could exceed 40 based on goals, expectations, and demands of the area.
Career opportunities – We are a stable and growing company offering a product that is widely recognized and useful. That means that across our organization we have plenty of ways to help people who are looking to grow and succeed. If you’ve got the drive to get out there and grab it, you’ll find lots of opportunities here.
Training and development – Our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for your personal development and as a contributor to our firm. That’s why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge, and experiences through formal education, leadership development opportunities, and informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your TricorBraun colleagues.
Stable industry – The packaging industry is a particularly stable one because no matter how the economy is doing there is always a need for containers to carry consumer products. With our long history, exceptional experience, and wide range of offerings we’re the industry leader in this niche industry.
Strong culture – We strive to create and sustain a great work environment in which we are able to achieve and exceed personal and professional goals. Our people focus on service and consistently drive for results. Our company works and lives by a set of core values which include integrity, service, passion, and value add which are the roots of our success.
Industry recognition – TricorBraun has won many national and international packaging awards recognizing excellent design, function, economy, and sustainability
Excellent compensation – in addition to a competitive salary we offer comprehensive benefits in medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off plus holidays, insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
TricorBraun is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.