Business Development Manager
MISSION – PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To identify and secure new customers in order to drive profitable sales of all products (sunglasses and reading glasses). Ensure a first-class service to our customers, while directing their development process to maximise consumer sales.
POSITION OF THE JOB IN THE ORGANIZATION
Reporting to: National Sales Director
- Target and win new business on desirable terms.
- Complete internal proforma process to ensure business is profitable, with a focus on accuracy of forecasting.
- Negotiation of complex customer agreements, including cost pricing.
- Weekly update of customer sales forecast.
- Involvement in annual/quarterly reporting and budgeting process.
- Gain the confidence of key accounts, enabling fluid communication and a strong commercial relationship enabling yourself and wider team to provide customer driven direction on product development.
- Coordinate and manage the process of preparing for key customer meetings, engaging with the design and product teams to manage the selection of relevant products from supplier library.
- Work with product teams to accurately cost complete products, ensuring margin targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to win new accounts
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Able to demonstrate experience of negotiating complex agreements
- Experience of working within several different trade channels
- Experience of forecasting and quarterly reporting/budgeting.
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Computer literate – Excel & PowerPoint.
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Experience with both brand and own label products