Geoscan Subsurface Surveys
We’re looking for someone who has experience developing relationships in the construction industry and wants the chance to collaborate with a young, growing & ambitious company.
What you will be working on
On any given day, you’ll work to build customer relationships, provide superior customer service, close deals and network to build a strong pipeline of future customers. You’ll use your experience and knowledge to strategically and consultatively help our clients with custom plans that truly meet their needs.
This role is the foundation of our sales team and provides a fantastic opportunity to learn and sharpen your sales skills. You will plan and create a schedule to meet the company goals, as well as develop a scalable sales process to keep the team on track. You will be supported and encouraged to grow with every opportunity.
Who’s right for the job?
Someone who’s hungry, humble and smart, driven to go above and beyond for customers. You must be comfortable working in an environment where process and structure may not always be present. A great listener who is naturally inquisitive, organized & has experience utilizing CRM tools & sales pipeline to help achieve company goals.
What’s in it for you
- Salary initially based on experience but progressive over time based on company and individual performance
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical
- Company cell phone & laptop
- Continuous training with opportunities for career development
- Staff events: regular staff socials, camping in the summer and skiing in the winter
- No bureaucracy. You’ll get to own your work with the support you need
Skills crucial to success in this role
- Knack for building relationships with potential customers, understanding their environment, and introducing new concepts to solve their problems
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence on the phone with the ability to craft engaging emails
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, email campaign tools, CRM implementation and engagement.
- Excellent organizing skills, familiarity with sales plans/pipelines & using a schedule to achieve goals, tracking efforts and results etc
- Comfortable presenting & networking
- An ethical and honest approach
- Strong leadership with the ability to effectively manage people that aren’t direct reports
- Willing to travel out of town from time to time
- Fluency in English mandatory
- Valid class 5 BC driver’s license
- Post-Secondary education
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Business or Sales Development Representative experience
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with the construction industry, environmental, excavation, demolition industries
- Knowledge of underground utility infrastructure, civil engineering or surveying
- Awareness and understanding of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and other geophysical methods
- Experience estimating, quoting and submitting formal proposals
GeoScan Subsurface Surveys is the largest and most experienced provider of Ground Penetrating (GPR) services in Western Canada and is a rapidly growing company based in the Vancouver/Burnaby area. Our services include Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Surveys, Utility Locating, Subsurface Utility Engineering and Shallow Geophysical Surveys. We are a COR certified company with strict safe work environment procedures.
Our greatest strength is our people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and encouraging individuals. As a growing business, we encourage new ideas and promote career development within the company.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you . Please click “Apply” to submit your resume along with a letter where you tell us about your experience understanding client wants and needs .
GeoScan is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, family status, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply for This Job