Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Strategic Sales Business Development Executive in Global Technology Services, you will lead the identification, development and qualification of large innovative IBM Services and IT transformation opportunities.
You will oversee a portfolio of solutions including Infrastructure Managed Services (Server, Storage, Data Centre), Service Desk, End User Services, Security, Cloud and other IBM Services.
You will demonstrate creativity in designing, articulating, and selling innovative business visions and value propositions. You will show exceptional business insight and executive level presence across all lines of a customer’s business, organization, culture, pain points, and compelling reasons to act. Equally you will understand and position the full capabilities of the IBM Corporation, so that customer executives clearly grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship with IBM.
You will be highly depended on to qualify leads or make valued judgments in that it will impact the direct the judicious spending of resources and ROI. You take ownership of the opportunity until it is transferred to an engagement leader and may stay connected until closure depending on the size, complexity and relationships developed. You will orchestrate IBM resources and develop high-performing teams that bring the right expertise to the customer at the right time. Your success is measured by the number of deals you qualify and ultimately by the total cumulative value of closed deals.
- Unsolicited executive calling and developing highly respected relationships among senior management and executives in client organizations.
- Proactively screening the market and identifying potential large services/solution opportunities;
- Developing executive level, visionary business value propositions encompassing all lines of business;
- Managing the relationships with other IBM lines of business units/service providers to best position, identify and develop opportunities.
- Developing initial financial analysis of solutions to demonstrate compelling financial rationales;
- Identifying the clients’ critical success factors and potential IBM engagement risks.
- Keeping abreast of competitive offerings, strategies, plans and effectively differentiating IBM offerings from competitive alternatives to create customer preference for IBM.
- Assembling the initial sales engagement teams to move identified and validated opportunities forward;
- As a IBM Services Business Development Executive in Global Technology Services, you will lead the identification, development and qualification of large innovative services and IT transformation opportunities.
- You will oversee a portfolio of IBM Services solutions including Infrastructure Managed Services (Server, Storage, Data Centre), Service Desk, End User Services, Security, Cloud and other IBM Services.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Minimum 8 years in identifying and successfully winning highly complex full-solution IT engagements with clients;
- You will have a track record in successful business development across key areas of IT outsourcing and transformation including – infrastructure, application management, integration services, consulting services, etc;
- Contribute to many decisions (“go” or “no go”) on whether to invest company resources to further qualify, assess risk and feasibility of potential opportunities;
- Devised and articulate many unique and compelling value propositions (which typically include a diverse array of customized components), so that client decision-makers grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship with service providers.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
A unique sense on how to drill down inside a client’s business, organization, culture, pain points, and determining their compelling reasons to act.
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.