Business Data Analyst
MMC is seeking candidates for the Business Data Analyst position supporting our Toronto office. This position is available for remote work.
What can you expect?
This is a remote position supporting various areas across Privacy and Compliance, the analyst role will be instrumental in ensuring that any technical or operational projects meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
The Business Data Analyst will also develop scripts in Excel or Access to pull in, update and analyze data and provide summary findings to key stakeholders.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan or TFSA (tax-free savings account.) (regional specificity required)
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
We will count on you to:
- Work with stakeholders to interpret business needs and issues, effectively translating them to actionable requirements
- Business process mapping and documentation (process mapping/flows, process re-engineering/design), writing functional and technical specs
- Gathering requirements and ascertaining the relevant information from business stakeholders/SMEs
- Facilitating discovery or design workshops
- Providing analytical support across the projects as appropriate – analyzing processes and controls critically and making data/fact based recommendations
- Supporting various data and analyst functions as appropriate
- Writing QA Test Scripts
- Executing QA testing of implemented solutions
- Assisting with User Acceptance Testing
- Experiment with new technologies and work on the design and rapid development of solution focused POC’s
What you need to have:
- B.S. in Information Technology or a related field
- 3-6 Years as a Business Analyst
- Excellent writing/documentation, communication, analysis and organizational skills required
- Ability to grasp business needs and assess impacts to complex business operations and systems
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experience creating Excel scripts to pull and manipulate data
- Excel scripting capabilities such as Selenium – Java automation using C sharp or python to pull in and manipulate data from various sources
- Excel experience (Power Query, pivot tables, charts)
Marsh & McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching$17 billion,Marsh & McLennanhelps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInand [email protected]_globalor subscribe toBRINK.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact [email protected]