Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner, operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more information, please visit www.are.com.
The Business Applications Analyst is a primary liaison between the project sponsors, project manager, business customers, and the project team. The successful candidate will possess exceptional problem solving, communication, and leadership skills. He/She will also have the ability to quickly understand business systems, functions and processes, along with developing and maintaining critical relationships with business stakeholders.
This individual will work with a variety of internal personnel across functional domains (both end users and other IT staff) to ensure a high-level of support. The Business Applications Analyst acts as an internal consultant, providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint. The Business Applications Analyst acts as a subject matter expert in the business areas to which they are assigned, in terms of both business applications and business processes.
A key responsibility of the Business Analyst is to gather requirements for the assigned project phases, and recommend the technical strategies and tactics that will assist the business in achieving its goals. The person in this role will also apply a broad knowledge of various technical functions to accurately anticipate organizational impacts.
The Business Analyst must understand the procedures and expected system performance associated with the introduction of new information technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other IT members to facilitate implementation. The Business Analyst shares responsibility with other team members to ensure on-time, high quality product delivery, which requires a clear understanding of expectations and capabilities as well as the ability to act effectively as a team member.
Responsibilities of the Business Analyst will also include ongoing support of the application(s) post implementation. Support could include stabilization, training, issues resolution, user administration, enhancements, and upgrades. The individual will apply knowledge gained through implementation into supporting the application to increase the value and level of service the Business Applications group brings to the operations of the business.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital status, registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide business analysis and systems knowledge within an assigned business unit/area, usually as a member of a project team, in the analysis, design and development of business applications
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devising and modifying procedures to solve business problems
- Develop business relationships and integrating activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Project manage initiatives to success by managing the project plan, scope, budget and timeline
- Build comprehensive documentation for business requirements gathered through sessions with customers and business SME’s
- Coordinate requirements review and update sessions with the project team including development and QA, and procure related sign-offs and approvals from business users
- Lead projects or regularly coaching other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
- Participate in or lead the QA process, and coordinate UAT activities with business users
- Monitor and report on a regular basis to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Provide weekly and ad hoc progress status updates
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of software packages
- Participate and lead internal and external project teams
- Vendor interactions and relationship management
- Support application(s) with stabilization, training, issues resolution, user administration, enhancements, and upgrades
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
- 5 years of experience as business analyst/project manager
- Real Estate, Accounting, and Finance experience with strong knowledge of key business processes is required
- Real Estate industry/accounting knowledge highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Experience managing or working in a structured implementation environment
- Process mapping and process engineering
- Broad technical knowledge, with hands-on experience coordinating systems requirements and deployment
- Knowledge and experience in both supporting large and small systems
- Knowledge of system design, testing and documentation
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Intermediate to advance level skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Business Intelligence – Microsoft Power BI, Essbase
- Data Warehousing
- JD Edwards/Yardi/MRI
- Nexus Payables
- Oracle Unifier