161 Bay Street (93021), Canada, Toronto,Toronto, Ontario,
Business Analyst, Summer Intern/Co-op 2021 (Ivey Students Only)
About Capital One Canada
Capital One Canada is a data-driven tech company that just happens to do credit cards. We have all the advantages of a startup, with the resources of a big company. In our dynamic, agile environment, you’ll be encouraged to have ownership over your own work.
Our office is designed to foster collaboration and innovation. A quick walk around this place will reveal a lot of whiteboards and enough Post-It Notes to be meaningful to 3M’s bottom line. We’re also passionate about having fun here, which is why we have heavily used games rooms with foosball, ping pong, and more. And since it’s uncomfortable to do any of those things in a suit and tie, those aren’t required either. We have a business casual dress code because we believe our associates and interns will do their best work when they’re feeling like themselves.
We create roles that allow your problem solving and creativity to shine through.
To give you an idea of what to expect as a new analyst intern, here are a few co-op project examples:
- Analyzing trends in fraudulent credit card applications and transactions in order to enhance our suite of models and tools. The goal: reduce fraud costs and minimize negative experiences for our cardholders.
- Developing a framework through which customers may benefit from having a different card than the one they currently have. The goal: enhancing the overall value provided to the customer while being mindful of the additional costs and credit risk associated with different products.
- Building a challenger model to an existing model that predicts how much customers are likely to spend on their credit cards. The goal: understanding if a simpler model could capture enough of the business value to justify retiring the complex model
- Check out our video job description – https://youtu.be/tbbUj-Aok
- Please include your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts in one PDF in the attachment section under Resume/CV when you create your profile to apply
- Job Posting will close on Friday January 8th at 11:59pm ET
- Once you submit your application, you will receive our Virtual Job Tryout Online Assessment to complete. Please complete this assessment no later than Sunday, January 10th by 11:59pm ET
- If you did not receive this, please ensure to check your spam folders and/or reach out to us at [email protected]
- Currently enrolled in anundergraduate degree from an accredited Canadian University
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Statisticsand graduating between Dec 2021 – Spring 2022
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills. If you know how to code in Python, SQL or other programming languages, that’s awesome. If not, don’t worry – we’ll teach you if it’s key to your role.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas both verbally and in writing
Perks of Being a Co-op at Capital One:
- We are planning to be working virtually throughout the summer term – we’ll send you a HP or Macbook when you start
- Comprehensive onboarding with opportunities to network with the Summer intern class and stay connected through intern slack channel
- Get paired up with a Buddy to help you navigate your way through Capital One
- Participate in professional development opportunities such as lunch and learns and a Capital One Economics workshop
- Participate in fun virtual activities such as our workplace yoga sessions, happy hours, coffee chats
- Work at our office located in the heart of downtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC and GO Transit located in the PATH
- At the end of your term, we hold a Capital One Dragon’s Den event where you can present your projects/ideas to Senior Leadership team
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).