McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
This position is responsible for short term and long-term strategy planning with regards to Front Store Budgets, National Brand and Control Brand Financials. By exercising overall analytical expertise the role maintains a healthy balance of profitability for both the enterprise and our banner member retail stores. The position provides analytics and insights on sales performance and market trends to meet the goals of fiscal budgets while mitigating market risks. It also provides support to various business programs including promotional activity, retail pricing, product pre-booking events, and our trade shows.
- Develop and generate business reports, including ad hoc reporting to support Category Managements business decisions as well as highlighting opportunities on key business metrics to measure the performance and success of vendor agreements and key initiatives
- Strategy planning and budget development with regards to Front Store Budgets
- Anticipate issues utilizing a high level of innovation and creativity and take charge to define and direct actions needed to ensure success. Initiate independent action and resolve issues with broad corporate impacts
- Provide analytical support to Category Managements business units through ongoing tracking of rates and volumes of vendor purchases and reporting of these purchases on a timely basis
- Responsible to amalgamate, process, analyze and extrapolate a large amount of complex data from multiple sources, including various internal and external databases to develop an understanding of business results
- Provide ongoing support to business strategic projects and/or initiatives by providing detailed “what if ” scenarios for potential new deals with vendors; and for the annual budgeting process
- Evaluate gaps between business requirements and system functionality and recommend alternatives for gap resolution
- Provide market research to assist in determining market position nationally, by province, by banner, and by category
- Forecasting and analysis of business performance by banner & category to identify opportunities and risks to communicate high impact insights to the management team
- Oversee the process with Finance and Category Management staff to ensure proper accounting of all vendors invoices
- Develop and generate business reports, including ad hoc reporting to support Category Managements business decisions as well as develop reports on key business metrics to measure the performance and success of any key initiatives.
- Provide recommended courses of action and solutions with vendors, based on an analysis of data within the business systems ensuring that the financial interests of the business are maintained
- Recommend appropriate solutions or alternatives when supporting management in ad hoc financial analyses
- Provide support for the Retail Pricing Program via Market Intelligence gathering & analysis, Retail Member Stores margin analysis, and strategic vision & execution to maintain overall market competitiveness
- Conduct business development activities with a key focus on continuous improvement of processes related to programs and analytical enhancement
- Lead, mentor and develop junior analysts in the organization.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a role requiring strong knowledge of data analysis and reporting tools; relevant experience in a retail environment would be an asset
- University degree in Business related discipline (e.g. Commerce, Finance/Accounting, Analytics, Engineering)
- Exceptional skills in MS Office specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience using BI visualization tool MS Power BI is an asset
- Bilingual French/English is an asset
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong Merchandising and/or Retail Operations experience in Healthcare or Retail Pharmacy is an asset
- Demonstrated presentation skills to key stakeholders and senior management; detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment requires little to no supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be flexible and able to travel if required
Career Level – IC – Professional – P2
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!