This client facing role of Business Analyst II is required in a fast paced team environment where we are managing multiple projects and client requirements on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate must be a strong creative and analytical thinker with strong documentation and planning skills and enjoy daily interaction with external clients.
- Design and implement simple solutions in order to solve complex business problems
- Gather and document business requirements
- Actively participate in project team meetings and lead when necessary
- Define, recommend and build opportunities to automate existing systems processes
- Participant at regular Client Support meetings
- Develop and produce documentation and testing material to support client initiatives/implementations
- Develop and implement new programs and services that cater to the client’s unique needs and expectations
- Knowledge of claim adjudication principals; Pharmacy Benefit Management is an asset
- Proven ability to collect requirements and document business processes and client requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience analysing and reporting on performance and utilisation data
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed personal planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while adhering to service level commitments
- Strong analytical problem identification, and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus
- Capable and willing learner who proactively researches solutions to business challenges
- Highly proficient in Excel, Visio, MS Access
Required Professional Designation/Certification
- University Degree or related College Diploma in Health Science, Computer Science or Business/Commerce
- 3-5 years in comparable role
- 1-2 years client facing experience
- Previous Pharmacy Benefit Management experience or Medication access and Reimbursement program experience is an asset
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.