Business Analyst – Fraud and Payments
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position ID: J0221-0929
Employment Type: Full Time
Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change for our clients in many industry sectors. CGI understands industry challenges and has the experience to help clients overcome these challenges, minimize upfront capital outlays, and achieve business results that drive performance and profitability. We have grown to be Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we’re still growing!
CGI is undertaking a multi-year program to replace a number of legacy applications with an integrated single solution for a valued client. CGI will integrate a third party packaged solution and cleanse and migrate current client data in multiple releases. The CGI team will collaborate closely with the packaged solution provider to define, design, configure and integrate the solution with additional services that will be created or re-used from the legacy solutions.
We seek a Business Analyst Consultant to join this innovative program team and work directly with our client.
Purpose of the role:
This position is for the Business Analyst Consultant to work as a member of a large program team and work directly with the Client. The role is hands on and is responsible to lead the team and individually deliver:
• Gathering requirements and documenting detailed business and system use cases to drive out the detailed functional requirements for the different applications
• Maintain a requirements traceability matrix to ensure resulting solution delivers the expected acceptance criteria
• Work closely with the Test Lead and Test team to define traceable Test Scenarios that confirm the requirements through multiple testing phases
• Support the client to ensure the resulting solution meets business requirements and business acceptance is achieved
• Work closely with the Organizational Change Management lead to ensure that the Business is ready for the change and the processes and solutions meet the acceptance criteria
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reporting to: Director, Consulting Services GTA
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop detailed functional requirements for the implementation of business process changes or improvements, data analysis and the creation of reports
• Manage the Requirements Tools used to capture and maintain the Business Requirements
• Accountable to ensure that the requirements are aligned with the client’s business objectives and stated expectations including managing requirements priority and maintaining a feature backlog
• Identifies, elicits, and documents business requirements, defines business rules and communicates requirements for the implementation of business solutions.
• Communicates with stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise.
• Prepare Business – and System Use case documentation & lead/participate in high-level design, lead requirements and Use Case walkthroughs
• Prepare/Review User Interface Functional Specifications
• Prepare data flow diagrams or equivalent process flow diagrams
• Define and document data definitions including data attributes, validation rules, data relationships
• Ensure business requirements are traceable through specifications, solution design and test cases
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Identify and resolve discrepancy between systems under development specifically with regards to systems integration requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7 years of experience working as a Business Analyst in the Financial Services industry
• 7 years of experience working in a major transformation initiative ie analysis including requirements definition, feasibility studies, cost estimates, proposals, business process mapping, design, development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing and implementation
• 5+ years of experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle in a Waterfall and Agile methodology
• At least 2+ years’ experience in Canadian banking and payment industry.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a business process that meets the expected outcomes within a major transformation initiative
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret and anticipate internal and external customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects concurrently, balancing deliverables and ability to prioritize deliverables across projects.
• Demonstrated experience with business process design
• Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience Undergraduate
• PMI-Business Analyst Certification (PMI-PBA) an asset
- Fraud Management
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.