Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Data Analytics, the Business Analysts’ primary role will be to support the launch of new ESC Pharmacy Reporting Solutions. The Business Analyst will facilitate the identification and documentation of detailed user stories (functional requirements), metadata, process and system flows and contribute to the overall user experience, technical solution and acceptance criteria. This role involves analyzing current reports, translating into a user story and testing the new system. The Business Analyst will work closely with the Product Owner and Development teams to assure that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable. Experience working with SQL queries, databases and reporting platforms is a must.
- Review, map, and analyze reports/SQL queries and translate to functional (user stories) and non-functional requirements
- Create metadata repository based on available documentation and analysis of database
- Identify and recommend solutions to meet the operational needs and goals of the business
- Work on agile Scrum/Kanban teams to id entify, document, and refine user stories to increase the degree of detail relating to acceptance criteria, assumptions, constraints, dependencies. Identify Business Rules and Data Elements associated with the user stories
- Analyze existing technical processes and being able to document it and recommend solutions to meet the operational needs and goals of the business.
- Investigate and assist the development team troubleshooting incidents and problems in our systems (Adjudication, Billing, Reporting and other services and data integration issues across all the integration points)
- Assists with system and related process documentation including workflow processes.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of the Pharmacy or Group Health Insurance (pharmacy, dental, other health) industry or adjudication systems
- Strong analytical skills ranging from problem identification through the proposal and implementation of potential solutions
- Excellent written & communication skills, including the ability to follow standards and methodology
- Very strong problem solving with a desire to understand
- Strong customer focus, adaptable, flexible and willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make decisions with assistance from senior staff
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Experience working with software development teams
- Background in data e.g. reporting, development of data warehouse or business intelligence solutions Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
- Strong process orientation (ITIL considered bonus)
- Experience with Agile development process
- Experience with ticketing system
- Familiarity with pharmacy/health care, insurance or PBM industry
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of PBM (Pharmacy Benefits Management) or similar claims adjudication systems
- Experience in data warehouse environments, project management, change management, denormalized data models
- Experience with OBIEE or Tableau
- Experience with QA or user acceptance testing (experience specific to data considered a bonus)
- Agile certifications
- Experience in multi-platform distributed environment, service oriented and web-based architectures
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence or similar tools
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.