David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in Canada, has partnered with our client to recruit for an immediate contract opportunity for a Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst will have a minimum of 5 years of experience working with analysis of an organization or business domain (real or hypothetical) and documents, its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
- Defines and documents business or program area functions and processes
- Consults business subject matter experts to identify, define and document business requirements and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical team, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of solutions to ensure optimal operational performance
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through the use of technology and/or through business process changes;
- Assists in the preparation of Business Cases to support new projects, enhancements and changes in processes
- Reads and interprets technical literature and translates in terms understandable to the end-users or non-technical staff
- Plans, organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects and/or management reviews of programs significant or specific to a government or a department
- Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business requirements
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff
- Develops training curriculum and conducts formal training sessions covering assigned systems module
- Directs or participates in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolve problems including organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis
- Develops policy and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer service
- Prepares reports and written findings and recommendations; and monitors changes.
- Provides work direction to one or more technical or clerical staff or acts as a team lead on designated projects or assignments
- Other business analyst duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Commerce or an equivalent field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a business analyst
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience documenting/conducting process re-engineering
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience writing use cases
- Must possess a high level of communication, and client relationship skills. The Analyst must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts, both to clients (internal or external) and to team members, and to negotiate change
- Must be capable of effectively identifying and framing problems, leading the collection of elements of information, and integrating this information to produce timely and thoughtful decisions
- Accreditation from Business Analyst professional association is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK) is considered an asset
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your resume in confidence directly to Ron Cantiveros [email protected] or Jim Juacalla [email protected] , Aplin Information & Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP