David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in Canada, has partnered with our client to recruit for an immediate contract opportunity for a Business Analyst.
Our client, a leader in information and communications, is looking to invest in a seasoned and dedicated Business Analyst. The successful candidate will have experience providing top-notch technological and leadership skills.
- Defining and documenting business or program area functions and processes.
- Collaborating with business subject matter experts to identify business requirements and areas for improvement with operational procedures, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzing the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users
- Identifying opportunities for new systems and enhancements for existing systems.
- Accurately record changes and developments for the purposes of training materials as well as technical literature for management.
- Assisting with the preparation of Business Cases, reports, and written findings and recommendations.
- Acting as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical team, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of solutions to ensure optimal operational performance
- Consolidating information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written forms for use in management decision-making.
- Developing training material and formal sessions.
- Acting as a Team Lead and providing technical assistance with training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Actively participating in user acceptance testing, and system functionality testing.
- Directing or participating in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolve problems including organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis
- Other business analyst duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Commerce or an equivalent field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a business analyst
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience documenting/conducting process re-engineering
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience writing use cases
- Strong ability to adeptly communicate technical and business concepts to team members and clients alike.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, negotiate change, and make decisions.
- Accreditation from Business Analyst professional association and knowledge of the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK) are considered assets
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your resume in confidence directly to Ron Cantiveros [email protected] or Jim Juacalla [email protected] , Aplin Information & Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com . #LI-DNP