Federation Caisses Desjardins
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a business analyst, you are responsible for the business sector in relation to development projects that will impact pricing and performance solutions.
You work closely with the project promoter and business experts to ensure that the solution meets user needs and the project’s expected benefits are delivered. You manage relationships with the project’s various stakeholders. Your ability to engage others is therefore an essential skill.
You play a leadership role with the teams and various stakeholders on projects involving planning, feasibility studies, development and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative.
You make recommendations on the development and execution of initiatives and projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity, and that have an impact on one or more business sectors. These require analysis and a comprehensive, detailed understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination is critical. You interact with a large number of stakeholders from a variety of fields. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to balance the interests of multiple parties are therefore essential.
You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert in your field, as well as resource person and coach for decision making bodies.
General Information on the Position
- Analyze the client’s business context, model and document business functionalities, and identify opportunities for improvement in keeping with business needs
- Collect, document and check business needs and requirements
- Ensure the traceability of business needs and requirements, from the establishment of business objectives to the solution rollout
- Help define business objectives, identify and analyze various business solutions, and recommend solutions to beadopted
- Analyze stakeholder needs, costs, benefits, risks, constraints and business opportunities that need to be considered in the scope and implementation of the project
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Leadership experience in a team environment
- Experience delivering and integrating pricing solutions (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of Agile development methods
- Knowledge of and keen interest in new technologies, and in the research and development of new solutions as well as an excellent understanding of the needs of business clients
- Knowledge of the business systems in the Desjardins ecosystem, such as Flexcube, SIC, MSA, FSDF (an asset)
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Engagement, Interpersonal Savvy, Stakeholders
Complexe Desjardins Montréal