Requisition ID: 96638
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting the Manager in the research and analysis of business processes and defining requirements that lead development streams within the Credit360 project to bring the application to Production and then maintain, support, and enhance the application according to user specifications with a high degree of accuracy and functionality.
Implementation of solution and systems for Group Treasury, Global Risk Management and Regulatory/Compliance to meet their business needs. The candidate is also responsible for assisting with the testing of new systems or enhancements, and the provision of ongoing support to all global units for the business areas.
Unit Testing, coding, debugging, automating manual activities, scripting and implementing code will be performed on a month-to-month basis.
Understanding business systems and the credit adjudication business flow.
The incumbent will also work closely with other internal groups, production support teams and business users in order to maintain support and generate new services. The application will be integrated with and dependent on upstream applications and has downstream regulatory dependencies, so the incumbent is required to maintain constant communication lines with all appliction in Credit360’s ecosystem.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes required to resolve business problems and to meet the business needs. This may involve participation in rapid prototyping, preparing requirements and project documentations.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by assisting in the development of test cases and the conducting of testing, assisting in the definition of user procedures and workflows, assisting in the development of conversion and implementation strategies, and assisting in the provision of user documentation, user training, and post-implementation support.
- Providing end user support to business users, assisting with the resolution of system issues and the design and implementation of systems enhancements.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex business processes or components of the application.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- Creative, reliable self-starter, results oriented, highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to apply knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, and exercise diplomacy and judgement to effectively work with business users and project team members, technology teams and management.
- Understanding of current IT practices, Agile systems development techniques, including requirements specification; testing methodologies; real time analytical and formal modeling tools, keeps current with rapidly changing technology.
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- Knowledge/understanding of Capital Markets and financial instruments including market conventions.
- Knowledge/understanding of the bank’s end to end funding process is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, relational databases, Business Objects, and SQL queries is an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.