HomeEquity Bank is the leading national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over, Canada’s fastest growing demographic segment. HomeEquity Bank originates and administers Canada’s largest portfolio of reverse mortgages under the CHIP Home Income Plan™ brand. New mortgages are originated on a direct to consumer basis as well as through referral arrangements with the six largest banks, leading mortgage brokers and financial planning firms. HomeEquity Bank has been the main underwriter of reverse mortgages in Canada since its predecessor; Canadian Home Income Plan Corporation pioneered the concept in 1986. HomeEquity Bank has a highly effective direct-to-consumer distribution model (B2C), as well as an established referral network (B2B), including Canada’s major banks, credit unions, financial planners and mortgage brokers.
HomeEquity Bank is exceptionally well positioned for further growth for a number of very important reasons: 1) positive demographic trends in the 55 years old and over segment, 2) wider awareness and growing demand of reverse mortgages in the market, 3) significant barriers to entry for competitors, and 4) HomeEquity Bank’s firm position as market leader.
The Business Analyst is a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual with excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. They are deadline oriented with a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple requests and apply critical thinking to resolve business and system problems.
They will work closely with partners from all departments to understand the complexities of their business problems. Working with both business and technology teams, they will identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions where the bank’s IT systems can be used to achieve operational and strategic goals.
Major Elements of The Role
- Reviews business processes and elicits business requirements through whiteboard sessions, process flows and statements of work.
- Liaises with internal customers to support system enhancements throughout the development lifecycle.
- Works with Business Systems Analysts to address change requests from the business and questions on documented requirements.
- Ensures deliverables are progressing through IT delivery releases and provides delivery status updates.
- Documents test scenarios for business users and conduct User Acceptance Testing walkthroughs and labs.
- Reviews system enhancements with business users and obtains delivery sign-off.
- Documents system changes and provides user training on new functionality.
- Participates in project retrospectives and documents lessons learned.
Skills and Experience Required
- Post-secondary education or a technology-related diploma, with 2-3 years experience in business analysis.
- Experience in eliciting requirements, creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications, and user acceptance testing.
- Experience working with internal clients at all levels and departments.
- Familiarity with project management techniques.
- Understanding of financial and banking concepts including mortgages, interest rates, property appraisals, credit assessment and mortgage products.
- Experience working in Salesforce would also be considered an asset.
Individuals must comply with the Bank’s AML, Fraud and Privacy Policies and procedures and be vigilant in the detection and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and the safeguard of all client information.
HomeEquity Bank complies with the Employment Equity Act. Our Employment Equity program is intended to help ensure that all Canadians have the same access to the labour market and to ensure the full representation of members of the four designated groups which include: women, visible minorities, Aboriginal People and Persons with Disabilities.
If you would like more information on the HomeEquity Bank please visit: www.homeequitybank.ca. If you’d like to find out more about the CHIP Home Income Plan solution, please visit www.chip.ca.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree