At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to join our Strategy & Business Transformation team.
Reporting to Manager, Business Analysis, the Business Analyst will liaise with stakeholders to gather, validate and manage requirements with the goal of understanding business needs and translating them into a solution for our enterprise wide integrations projects.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
- Leadership – You lead your team and provide regular direction, guidance, coaching, and motivation, all while striving for peak performance. You assist them in overcoming obstacles through additional resources, removal of roadblocks, and providing the level of support required for their success. You delegate and deliver feedback based on the in-depth understanding of your individual team members
What your day looks like:
- Lead the collection, verification and management of requirements, liaising between the business units/customers, technology teams and support teams
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and elicit requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: functional and non-functional requirements (business requirements document), use cases, screen and interface designs, data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams, business process maps, descriptions and recommendations
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts, as well as under the direction of project managers or senior business analysts
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Identify and execute on process improvements through process mapping and re-design
- Assist with the definition and continuous improvement of BA processes and interactions with the team and IT and make recommendations to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency of the business
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- 5+ years business analysis experience in information technology
- 2+ years Mutual fund, securities, and/or insurance industry experience
- Completion of the Canadian Securities or Investment Funds in Canada Course is a definite asset and completion of CBAP designation preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of management, staff and clients
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to monitor and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and to meet strict deadlines
- Strong workflow modeling/process mapping skills; proven ability to analyze a business process and recommend solutions
- Ability to work with external vendors to identify issues, collaborate on solutions, escalate as required
- Technically competent with various software programs and platforms. Experience with MS Office suite, SQL Server Management Studio, Visio, and MS Project is required
- Fundamental understanding of relational databases and proven competency with query composition and data analysis
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $90 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.