Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Position ID: J0221-1095
Employment Type: Full Time
• The successful candidate has experience working directly with business stakeholders and is able to pull together technical experts from various teams. The professional we seek is a qualified Business Analyst and is a self-starter who works effectively with minimal supervision in a highly dynamic environment.
• The ideal candidate must be people-oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills. The candidate must have demonstrated ability to impact and influence business decisions and successfully work with cross-functional teams.
Job duties / accountabilities:
• Facilitating workshop with key technology stakeholders to capture user stories.
• Solicit and interpret conceptual business needs and document requirements collecting data from multiple sources
• Translate business requirements into system requirements and conceptual design to produce thorough assessments and solution recommendations
• Understand technical designs and specifications and comply to architecture models (use cases, conceptual, logical, interfaces).
• Identify, evaluate and document operational changes to improve information and processing systems.
• Identify and quantify risks relevant to business and systems requirements.
• Maintain productive professional relationships
• Resolve conflicts between differing requirements presented by business versus IT
• Develop and/or execute test plans and test cases including defining test conditions, negative testing and regression testing, tracking and documenting result
Experience and Educational Requirements:
5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst supporting IT systems
• Awareness of Telecom, Wireless and Media industries
• TV service provider experience – Video OTT services
• Experience working in an Agile environment and use of Agile tools (such as Jira, Slack, Confluence or similar)
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new business and technical concepts in a fast paced service focused environment
• Demonstrated ability to meet delivery timelines, learn quickly, problem solve and be organized
• Ability to maintain a balance of confidence and approachability
• Excel at customer service and communication skills. Must be comfortable interacting with clients and internal staff.
• Proactive, highly motivated, with the ability to work well independently and within a multi-cultural team environment
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle several tasks efficiently
• Ability to cope under pressure, and deliver output of highest quality
• Office tool proficiency (MS Office, IE/Firefox, etc.)
• Ability to search out technical information when it is not readily available
- Agile Business Analysis
- Business Analysis
- IT & Communications
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.