DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
Imagination, ingenuity and entrepreneurial thinking leads to endless opportunities.
Combine your passion with purpose and join MNP’s Technology team as a Business Analyst. Work with tech-savvy problem solvers who embrace digital transformation and the possibilities technology brings to the future of our industry. You’ll make an impact by designing, developing and maintaining innovative, high-quality solutions that are defining the way MNP does business.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our team members are successfully ‘disrupting’ mid-market business practices.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Elicit, analyze, document and validate business requirements using a variety of tools including research, interviews, document analysis, and process analysis with an understanding of how to derive user stories and features from analysis models
- Establish the accuracy, completeness and relevance of requirements to create viable specifications and acceptance criteria for solutions
- Identify user needs and issues through questioning and listening
- Work closely with product owners, subject matter experts, and technical leads to create solutions that best deliver value to stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture and envision possible solutions in addition to the detailed tasks necessary to complete the project or sprint
- Facilitate consensus on scope, design, and implementation decisions
- Draft technical and conceptual reports and correspondence that are clear, succinct, well organized, and relevant to the reader
- Develop in-depth working knowledge of departmental processes, programs and systems
- Develop knowledge of user’s business and technology needs to facilitate discussions at a peer level
- Improve technology processes and systems that positively impact the business
- Challenge how procedures were performed in the past and identify opportunities for improving effectiveness and efficiency of overall processes in user departments and in how projects are executed
- Support and participate in developing innovative approaches and solutions to resolve issues
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all levels of the organization
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate requirements gathering workshops and collaboration with business stakeholders, both in person and remote
- Experience working with application development teams on in-house built applications is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft O365 platform (SPO, Power Apps, Dynamics 365) is an asset
- Experience with wireframing or UI prototyping tools is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with Azure DevOps is an asset
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!