Requisition ID: 93203
Cost Centre: RBSC – Change Initiatives
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Contributes to the overall success of the Retail and Business Service Centre Change Initiatives team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Work closely with RBSC and RBSC partners to perform data analysis, impact analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process analysis, prepare detailed documentation of requirements for systems/process changes, and preparation of instructions/training material to align solutions with business strategies or commitments.
- Manage small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from RBSC management.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of RBSC business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines and bank clients.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures with a high standard of accuracy and thoroughness. This includes process mapping, validation, review and obtaining both Process Owner and Stakeholder sign off.
Education / Experience:
- Business Analyst experience
- Experience working on projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven analytical skills
- Advanced excel and power point experience
- Experience with Standard Operating Procedures
- Post secondary education is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Stratford
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.