Federation Caisses Desjardins
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a business analyst, you help design and deliver business solutions to meet business needs, such as calculating economic capital, issued by the Credit Risk Quantification Administrative Department.
You analyze clients’ business needs and business context on important projects and initiatives. From needs assessment to rollout, you identify, design and recommend business solutions, analyze their impacts on the organization, and ensure they’re integrated. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.
You help solve complex problems requiring comprehensive analysis and knowledge of your line of business and the ability to manage uncertainty and ambiguity. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy and the ability to balance the interests of multiple parties are therefore essential.
You serve as resource person for your unit, teams and clients.
General Information on the Position
- Assess the client’s business situation, model and document business processes, and identify opportunities for improvement based on business needs
- Help establish business objectives. Identify, analyze and recommend business solutions
- Analyze costs, benefits, risks, constraints, business opportunities and stakeholder needs on projects
- Help develop testing strategies and acceptance testing plans. Support the business sector during solution rollout
- Help develop change management strategies and carry out change management activities.
Other working conditions
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on : January 18, 2020
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- University certificate or graduate degree in business analysis (an asset)
- Experience in credit risk management (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- IIBA CBAP designation (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of the SAS programming language
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Ambiguity, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy, Stakeholders
Complexe Desjardins Montréal