J.D. Irving, Limited – Sawmills Division is currently seeking a motivated individual for the role of Business Analyst, location in Saint John, New Brunswick. In this role, you will be working as part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results.
Why Choose this Opportunity:
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits plan, RRSP contributions
- The opportunity to work with the best equipment and technology in the industry
- Multiple career development opportunities
- Various technical and Leadership training courses to ensure your success and continued development
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide business unit management with interpretive and predictive financial analysis to make business performance assessments
- Responsible for analyzing and monitoring financial statements and other reports for conformance to budget, variance analysis, and developing recommendations for adjustments and improvements
- Analysis and interpretation of trends requiring management’s attention
- Develop, maintain, and provide financial information, plans, and projections to management
- Investigate and prepare proposals for pricing and reimbursement strategies for current and future products across all relevant customer and market segments
- Presentation of findings and specific recommendations by business unit management
- Preparation and support for:
- Strategic planning
- Budgeting and budget analysis
- KPI and scorecard measure development
- Analytical support for complex budget and capital projects.
- Responsible for financial research and analysis related to the budget/strategic planning.
- Conduct and document mid-level complexity financial analysis projects
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- CPA designation completed or in last steps of completion
- 2-5 years of experience in a financial analysis role
- Bilingual (French and English) is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to lead change
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 16,000 dedicated employees.
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.