David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a talented Business Analyst on 1-year contract for their Ottawa office.
This individual will provide supporting the Securities Applications and Technologies Solutions (SATS) business suite. The suite is used to manage various operations such as auctions and pricing as well as securities management for the client. Given the unknown duration of the restrictions in place due to COVID-19, the work will be completed remotely until the client notifies the candidate otherwise.
- Provide auctions business systems support and continue to provide expertise in the auctions business support areas.
- Provide subject matter expert level business support for mission critical systems.
- Assist in the coordination of the production support activities including analyze diagnostic information about cross-functional or complex problems and recommend sound solutions.
- Support QA efforts including unit test and production employment.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to more junior employees and application support team when required.
- Continue to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external counterparts.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University or college degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in application development and systems integration.
- Demonstrated experience with auctions system modules (CARS, DEBT, CARSweb)
- Knowledge of structured analysis techniques and development tools as applied to business processes, automated systems and workflow analysis.
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommend appropriate solutions by gathering information across various platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working with mission critical applications support and maintenance.
- Experience working with application support and maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Oracle database to analyze database views and database queries.
- Experience supporting multiple business applications.
- Demonstrated experience participating in production support and application maintenance, testing activities or internal and external committees as a subject-matter expert.
- Ability to meet deadlines while performing multiple tasks concurrently
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to David Newark, Consultant, Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com . #LI-DNP #IND-DNP