RENEW OPERATIONS SYSTEMS BUSINESS ANALYST – Vancouver BC
Reporting to the Delivery Manager, Renew Operations Systems (ROS), the Business Analyst will support business transformation program. The transformation touches on important topics such as digitization, automation and advanced analytics and provides an opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
This program will significantly upgrade operations technology across Mine, Plant, Maintenance, Health, Safety and Environment with a new and expanded set of integrated technologies.
The Business Analyst will support the strategic planning capability within the ROS Program by contributing to the development of the 2021 budget and work plan
Key Accountabilities (Expected Achievements)
- Be a courageous safety proponent, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Connect business drivers with technology outcomes including business case development supporting transition from initial concept to project scope definition.
- Facilitate multi-stakeholder workshops to gather high level requirements, determine business priority and sequencing within the 2021 program plan
- Contribute to improvement of processes and tools as part of the program demand management and annual budget process
- Identify and map dependencies between business initiatives to foundation technology deliverables
- Lead facilitation of high-level solution analysis
- Develop artifacts and lead knowledge transfer activities from program team to operations
- Provide digital solution expertise within the mining & processing domain
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on business analysis best practices
- Renew Operations Systems (ROS) portfolio demand management to develop the 2021 work plan and budget submission
The Ideal Candidate:
Key Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Experience)
- Senior Business Analyst with 10+ years of Business Analyst or other equivalent strategic planning and project business analysis competencies
- Experience contributing to projects in complex environments, including cross-functional, international, or cross-organizational teams and stakeholders
- Experience contributing to strategic plan and project development
- Experience working with stakeholders located at site as well as those located at head and regional offices
- Experience leading and facilitating workshops with multiple stakeholders as part of the digital demand management process
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) skills
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Karie Pearce , Consultant, Information and Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.