Requisition ID: 92698
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses – Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology – Market Risk team is responsible for supporting and delivering system solutions for Global Risk Management
We are seeking a Technical Business Analyst Specialist to join our team to lead and contribute to a range of projects including implementing new reporting and analytics solution and enhancing our market risk applications to support Global Risk Management and regulatory needs. This is a good opportunity to gain exposure to risk management. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including business partners in risk management, developers, business analysts, architecture, and infrastructure and support to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
Is this role right for you?
• Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, and delivery of high-quality implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective.
• Proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support the business strategy.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert in the BI, reporting and analytic solution design.
• Collaborates with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with the Bank’s Technology roadmap
• Coordinate and work with vendor partners, other developers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure and change management groups to deliver project goals, and identify opportunities for process and system improvements
• Coach & mentor junior staff of the team
• Transfer knowledge to peers and foster a culture learning in becoming subject matter experts within your domain.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• At least 5+ years of relevant IT and business industry work experience.
• Experts in business intelligence, reporting and analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Dremio etc)
• Strong technical knowledge with exposure to programming language such as Python, R for data preparation and analysis.
• Ability to gather requirements and create business solutions that meet the clients’ needs.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem solving and analytic skills.
• Must be a self-starter, reliable, highly motivated, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Have project management and agile delivery experience would be an asset.
• Good understanding of Capital markets and financial instruments or Market risk management would be an asset.
• A CFA or FRM designation would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
• You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
• Onsite cafeteria.
• We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.