With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Brand Development Manager for Spirits, you will oversees specific brand-building initiatives that will lead to the implementation of strategic marketing
objectives for new brands in Spirits. You will advise and lead new brand initiatives while working closely with internal innovation and insights teams. As a cross functional leader, you will manage multiple marketing platforms ensuring alignment with new brand objectives.
What You Will Do
- Develops and Implements the go to market plan based on new brand learning needs.
- Leads financial development with Finance and gains alignment of leadership.
- Partners with Sales Planning & Demand team to lead forecasting efforts; presents to senior leadership.
- Leads communication Strategy plan coming out of BSP and briefs Creative Services.
- Leads pricing recommendation based on category and COGS.
- Develops test success metrics in partnership with internal partners
- Monitors the P&L budget in relation to product launch and scale in the market.
- Oversees execution of in-market test plan and reporting and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Travels to different test markets within assigned territory to support business objectives.
- Maintains channel expertise in assigned region and shares learning and best practices with stakeholders.
- Provides recommendations for test Market Design/Go To Market alongside Sales Planning & other Channel leads.
- Leads marketing plan for test launch and works with the future brand team, Sales and customers to implement.
- Acts as the agency lead for all test launch marketing activities.
- Leads interaction with Sales, Commerce marketing and other test market participants
- Leads monitoring of test performance and Optimizes when needed.
- Develops and reports out on monthly and ad hoc senior leadership presentations on test market updates and plans
- Acts as the A&P lead throughout all stages of development and test launch.
- Participates in the execution of strategies in support of brand and company objectives
- Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals; either directly or through direct reports
- Develops, coaches and mentors direct reports/peers
What You Will Need
- Master’s degree plus 6 years of communications, finance, marketing, supply chain/supply planning, process development, new product development, project management, process engineering, or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of communications, finance, marketing, supply chain/supply planning, process development, new product development, project management, process engineering, or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of Gallo experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Masters degree plus 4 years of Gallo experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- 3 years of specific alcohol beverage industry marketing or sales experience.
- Experience effectively presenting information to top management, public groups and boards of directors.
- Skilled in building collaborative relationships and working on cross functional teams.
What Will Set You Apart
- Luxury marketing experience.
- On Premise Spirits experience.
- Ambassador Management experience.
- Experiential marketing campaign development and execution experience.
- Tasting room management experience (wine or spirits).
- Direct to consumer sales experience (alcohol beverage or luxury consumer goods a plus).
- Experience training and developing junior level brand marketers in executing brand and organizational objectives.
- Experience managing business operations and leveraging basic finance and accounting principles.
- Experience performing work that is complex and varied in nature, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS database at an intermediate level; IRI, Brio and Spectra at a basic level.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here
Requisition ID: [[id]]
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.