Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Do you have an investigative spirit and want to push your analytical skills and knowledge of the Canadian Health Care Industry to the next level? If so, Manulife’s Senior Investigation Analyst, Investigation Services position might be for you.
Manulife’s Customer Experience Investigation Services department, an industry leader in fraud prevention is looking for a dynamic individual to join its team. This department is dedicated to preventing, detecting and investigating incidences of fraud and abuse against its benefit plans.
The Senior Investigation Analyst, Investigation Services is responsible for applying Group Benefits knowledge, attention to detail, problem solving abilities, customer service, investigation and data analysis skills to identify, investigate and prevent fraud and abuse. Additionally, this role will support the Manager with projects and initiatives.
- Perform risk based data profiling and analysis to identify trends and outliers in various categories for further review and investigation
- Lead and support audit programs; coordinating, assessing, and making decisions on investigations
- Take initiative and lead investigations to successful conclusion including the preparation of criminal and regulatory complaints
- Conduct interviews of plan members, providers of service and others
- Create written audits and other correspondence to plan members, providers of service and others
- Engages, interacts and consults with various internal contacts such as Customer Service, Legal, Client Relations, Medical Consultants, Regional Group Office and external stakeholders such as Health Practitioner Regulatory Bodies, Colleges and Associations, and Plan Sponsors
- Lead, support and implement key investigative projects
- Comfortable delivering effective presentations to new and existing clients
- Travel is required for this role including the ability to work outside of core working hours
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak English and French proficiently
- Knowledge of Group Benefits
- Knowledge of the Canadian healthcare environment, service delivery model and regulation
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- CFE designation is an asset
- Knowledge of fraud and abuse risk, and techniques to manage risk
- Strong research, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage contentious interactions with various stakeholders
- Excellent oral communication (both phone and face to face) and written communication skills
- Intermediate data analysis skills with expertise using Excel and other data mining software
- Demonstrated investigation skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be creative, critical and aggressive in managing audit and investigative activities
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.