Posting Job Description
CFIB takes its direction from more than 110,000 independent small business members across every sector nationwide. We give independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, and support them with the tools, advice, and resources they need, in addition to exclusive savings and services. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission!
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full time Bilingual Research Analyst. Reporting to the Senior Director, National Research, you will join a research team that works collaboratively to deliver quantitative and qualitative content that is clear, credible, and compelling.
This position can be based in any of our following offices: Toronto, Montreal, Moncton, or Ottawa.
- Identify key issues in areas that impact SMEs i.e. taxation, regulation, labour policy, etc. and contribute original research ideas.
- Develop and execute research and public policy analysis on the above key issues.
- Design and review surveys on topics related to CFIB’s research/legislative agenda.
- Provide data, calculations, and other analysis in response to current policy/economic issues as needed.
- Present research findings to various audiences as required.
- Develop contacts within government, the business community at large and policy research organizations to keep current with public policy issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- A Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Economics, Public Policy, Political Science or a relevant field is a requirement
- Work experience in economics or public policy is a strong asset
- Working knowledge in statistical and database analysis is necessary
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to distill highly complex material into clear and compelling content for various audiences (policy makers, media, etc.)
- Natural ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Ability to integrate feedback to produce optimal content
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. All our offices are conveniently located and easily accessible by public transit.
A work from home arrangement may be required at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.