55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
A Senior Quality Control & Compliance Analyst drives engagement, customer loyalty, and growth through quality testing (e.g. call monitoring, alert decisioning reviews). The Analyst ensures work performed by Operations meet anticipated outcomes, to provide assurance to both internal and external stakeholders (management, customers, government agencies, regulators, certifiers, and third parties). The Analyst will also be able to identify and provide recommendations on existing processes and procedures.
Monitors inbound and/or outbound calls to assess quality, compliance and/or customer service opportunities.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- May conduct audits to support internal stakeholders.
- Oversees and provides regulatory expertise to the team of call quality specialists and call monitors.
- Supports the development and promotion of a business/group program.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Monitors and reviews calls in detail. Consistently applies quality and compliance assessments to calls using established and documented processes and procedures.
- Tracks operational performance, KPI’s and best practices metrics and measures.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards and provides reports to management to action.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies coaching insights and opportunities. Provides information to management regarding opportunities for coaching and training of employees to improve handling of calls.
- Completes non-compliance reports as required. Escalates high risk issues, behaviors or trends to management for corrective/remedial action as required.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the call quality review process while maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develops knowledge related to specialty (i.e. systems/policies/processes/procedures, as appropriate).
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bilingual French/English required
- Experience working in the Fraud Department highly desired
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – Advanced
- Knowledge of the business/group processes/procedures/tools/technology as required.
- Knowledge of applicable risk and regulatory requirements and the impact on the business/group.
- Certifications as required for position.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.