At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for a Bilingual Customer Service Representative to join our Claims Customer Service Centre!
As a Bilingual Customer Service Representative your work will have a big impact on providing legendary customer service to both our external and internal customers in a call centre environment. People will count on you to provide information and quickly resolve their inquiries in a professional manner. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our team!
Here are a few ways you’ll make a difference:
- Be the first point of contact for our auto insurance customers
- Listen and guide customers through the claims process
- Collaborate with, and learn from, our experienced team of Auto Claims Adjusters and support the settlement of claims
- Build relationships with third party vendors – think rental and towing companies – to make arrangements for customers
- Become an expert on our policies, products, services, and initiatives and share your knowledge with your colleagues – they will do the same
- Inspire and be inspired to meet or surpass daily call centre metrics
- Take pride in providing quality customer service, maintaining low hold times, and keeping your file notes clear and concise
Education and Experience:
- Bilingual in French and English is required
- 1 year of customer service and sales experience in any industry is required
- Insurance experience is an asset
- Completion of High School diploma is required
- University degree or College diploma is preferred
- Willing to pursue your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
Talents & Knowledge:
- Previous experience meeting KPI metrics/goals (efficiency to meet service levels, quality assurance, promotion of products or services, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Superior organizational skills, results-oriented
- Strong resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously, and committed to self-development
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to foster strong working relationships
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on March 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.