Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Manulife Bank Business Development Manager, Broker (BDM), represents Manulife Bank as a key senior relationship manager within a specified geographic territory, and is responsible for promoting the Bank’s full range of mortgage products and services by actively working with elite mortgage brokers to generate Bank mortgage sales. This role will focus on building relationships, educating and training mortgage brokers on our unique mortgage product offering, and will look for opportunities to actively further promote other Bank offerings in the broker space.
- 40% – Develop, maintain and expand mortgage broker relationships within a specified geographic territory through regular strategic contact/meetings articulated in your annual business plan and act as an information resource for the full range of Bank mortgage products and services
- 30% – Optimize delivery of value-added products, service and advice while enhancing sales efforts through consultation and demonstrating the merits of integrated Bank products and services with a mortgage brokers business. Support mortgage brokers by working directly with centers of influence, accountants, real estate agents and participating in client seminars.
- 15% – Perform front line business risk management function through awareness, support and implementation of compliance and company policies with mortgage brokers, including supervision of sales related activities. Responsible for escalation of market conduct or compliance related concerns to the National Partnership Leader and Bank Compliance.
- 10% – Share best practices and collaborate with other Manulife Bank Business Development Managers across the organization while delivering on organizational efficiencies by highlighting opportunities for improvement in existing products and services as well as new product opportunities
- 5% – Partner with other Manulife Financial and Manulife Bank representatives to build mortgage broker interests in Manulife Bank debt management, loan and deposit solutions
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Coordinating Bank territory business development activities with other Manulife and Manulife Bank representatives,
Special condition – work from home opportunity with travel required within assigned territory
- Sound understanding of personal and commercial lending policies and practices
- 7 or more years of banking/credit experience
- 5+ years experience in the Mortgage broker environment
- Superior sales and customer service abilities
- Highly organized and self-disciplined
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of Manulife Bank mortgage products, including Manulife One
- Good working knowledge of PC Windows environment
- Good understanding of regulatory / legal environment and issues
- Business planning skills
- Time and territory management skills
- Have or be working toward an industry designation, AMP, etc.
- Ability to travel throughout territory
Presentation /Communication Skills
- Consulting and strong active listening skills
- Strong presentation skills (both in one-on-one and group settings)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Manulife Bank products and systems
- Strong understanding of residential and commercial lending policies and practices
- Strong knowledge of marketing concepts, sales strategies and product applications
- Strong knowledge of competitive positioning
Relationship Management Skills
- Ability to persuade and negotiate
- Can mentor developing team members
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with wholesalers of other company departments
- Diplomacy and conflict management skills where financial advisors/ mortgage brokers may meet communication of company policies with resistance.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.