Build your Career at Techo-Bloc.
Headquartered on the South Shore of Montreal, just steps from Quartier Dix30, Techo-Bloc is the leader in product innovation in its industry. Our pavers, retaining walls and masonry materials are a model of beauty, quality and durability. As we strive for continuous improvement, we are constantly engaging in new challenges, products and niches to remain at the forefront of our industry.
The BI Manager is responsible for bringing to life the BI strategy at Techo-Bloc. The BI Manager sets the vision, develops and leads the Business Intelligence team by focusing on accelerating the digital transformation to drive decision making, KPIs and results across the organization. Can translate business requirements into actionable BI reports. KPI’s include, maintaining data integrity of current reporting needs, communication process, leads data analytics practice to solve business imperatives, leverages digital technology and automation to increase productivity and effectiveness, promotes greater self-serve capability, and embarks on machine learning & AI for predictive analytics.
• Understand, analyze and master business requirements to translate into BI deliverables;
• Ensure clear and concise communications with different departments on BI deliverables;
• Lead technical resources in the implementation of data solutions in support of strategic business initiatives. Define data, integration and BI needs, recommend solutions, strategy and governance;
• Partners with business leaders across the organization to define and deliver reporting needs
• Engages and inspires BI team to deliver on BI projects with quality and effectiveness to deliver ROI;
• Ensures the data integrity across all systems and makes recommendations where improvements and data quality are required;
• Maintain and monitor the BI team’s performance KPIs to ensure efficiency and quality;
• Recommend on-going improvements to business and technology processes related to data, integration and BI needs and requirements. Assist in architecting Business Intelligence solutions and developing strategy;
• Work with developers to define, score and data architecture. Ensures proper back end/front-end integration, data flow & ETL processes;
• Continually looks for ways to streamline and automate reporting;
• Participates in the design and development of new BI solutions such as big data analytics, graphical mastery, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
• Bachelor's Master’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, IT/Data Science or a related field
• 8 + years of relevant BI experience
• 3+ years of relevant experience in leading a BI team and Data Science professionals
• Excellent communication skills in both English and French
• Strong experience in data quality (DQ)
• Programming data science skills such as distributed computing, predictive modelling, story-telling and visualizing, Math, statistics and various forms of technological skills will be considered an important asset.
• Proven experience with SQL Server SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL queries, stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers, index, view.
• Good working knowledge of data presentation software such as PowerBI (preferred), Tableau, ClikView
• Machine learning: Mastery of machine learning methods and be able to recommend
• High performing analytical capabilities: Ability to synthesize information, reduce complexity and identify key opportunities and insights
• Excellent Communication Skills (both written and verbal): Able to deliver effective presentations and storytelling capabilities to stakeholders at all levels
• Strong balance of leadership & BI & Data Analytics knowledge
Able to build a strategy while leading/shaping a team
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc fosters a culture of innovation where each individual brings a special touch to his field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents contribute to Techo-Bloc's continued growth and success.
You will have the opportunity to:
- work in a creative team that values your opinion;
- develop your skills and grow;
- have a dynamic job and an evolving career path;
- A very competitive compensation and a performance incentive plan;
- We have a stimulating work environment with the latest technology that recognizes and rewards great performance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.