About the Company
For more than 170 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser, and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
“BeerTech” is a new function inside Labatt, which operates like a startup. BeerTech is responsible for building software products that are a competitive advantage to our business and comprises three technical guilds (Data Engineering, Data Science, Software Engineering) which support our Product Office.
As a member of the BI Engineering team, you form part of the Software Engineering guild. In this role you will work at the intersection of understanding business problems so that you can build reporting applications and products that invoke people to take data driven decisions. This will entail developing a deep understanding of existing processes, data that supports the processes and high frequency iterations to ship aesthetically compelling visualizations and reporting products. You will also have the opportunity to influence architecture and technology to promote the quality and innovation necessary for industry changing data driven decisions at all levels of the company.
As a member of the UI/UX Engineering team, you will design and build frontend systems and graphics that change and augment human interactions with new and existing processes. This will entail understanding existing processes, simplifying them and embedding machine learning into every step in the user journey and helping the user learn with machines as they get smarter together. You will also have the opportunity to influence architecture and the technology stack to promote quality and innovation necessary for industry changing experiences.
What you will do:
- Understanding existing processes and workflows through direct interactions with end users and cross-functional process owners.
- Synthesis information and data from Users, Process Owners, to deliver simple, elegant, action invoking reports and applications.
- Daily interactions with Product, Data Science and Data Engineering teams to iterate quickly and constantly change / update / add visualizations to our reporting products.
- Build data models using the latest cloud technologies that support fast, low maintenance and scalable problem solving.
- Collect and monitor user telemetry and user feedback to continuously improve and upgrade reporting assets.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related engineering field.
- Relevant real-world experience developing scalable reporting.
- Experience in designing user experiences and building data models on cloud technology.
- Experience with implementing row level security and role based access control (RBAC) for reporting systems.
- Passion and ability for esthetics, design, colors, user psychology and experimentation.
- Experience with high velocity CI/CD systems, Agile ways of working and A/B testing to accelerate iteration cycles.
- PowerBI, PowerApps
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Azure Analysis Services
- PowerBI Dataflows
- Star schema
- Azure Active Directory and Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Snowflake, Azure Synapse
- Azure DevOps
Good to have:
- CI/CD for PowerBI
- GitHub integration with PowerBI