At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Joining us as a BI Developer, you’ll be part of Ubisoft’s IT department, more specifically to the Enterprise Data department. Our team is internationally located, in Bucharest, Paris, Montréal and San Francisco, and is in charge of delivering BI solutions to CRM, customer support and data analytics teams.
The BI development team design and develop solutions using ETL and DataWarehouse tools, in direct collaboration with the technical lead, the business analysts and the architects. As a BI Developer, you will be part of the team in charge of the Player and Customer Management scope of the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP), which represents huge volumes of data. EDP is moving from using a combination of Hadoop and Teradata to Snowflake for both its data lake and data warehouse.
What you’ll do
- Understand the business needs and participate in the technical conception;
- Design, develop, test and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models/object/systems;
- Automate data processing and implement qualitative monitoring;
- Actively participate in post-production support (troubleshooting, optimization…);
- Ensure documentation is produced for all development deliverables;
- Make proposals on how to improve and sustain existing pipelines;
- Collaborate with other developers, architects and business analysts, as well as Agile roles such as product owners and scrum master;
- Actively participate in the knowledge transfer of support tasks.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience as a Data Specialist or an ETL developer in a BI / Data ecosystem, with a specific expertise in ETL development, working with high volumes of data (if possible, with Informatica);
- Good knowledge of data warehousing, preferably with Teradata and SnowFlake;
- Capacity to optimize complex SQL queries (use of indexes, analysis of partitions);
- Knowledge of any cloud data warehouse, cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) and Hadoop stack (HDFS, Hive, Spark) as well as other big data technologies is a plus;
- Knowledge of best practices in data engineering, source code management and DevOps (Gitlab, Docker…) is a plus;
- Motivated mindset willing to learn/experiment with new technologies, and who demonstrates taking initiative and problem-solving skills, while working in a collaborative environment where customer satisfaction is at the heart of what we do;
- Bilingual French et English is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.