Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for a BI Developer (OBIEE Dashboard Developer) on our Integrated Business Applications team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Business Analysts and BI Team in the development and maintenance of the Stantec BI application
- Translate business requirements into reporting and information-delivery system requirements
- Design and build dashboards, analyses, reports and KPIs based on the requirements, using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 12c and Oracle Analytics Server
- Enhance existing dashboards and reports as required
- Work with DBAs on tuning the reports to achieve optimum query performance
- Effectively communicate technical information to functional, technical team members and management
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on progress and the status of issues
- Interact with end users, business analysts, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, documenting, completing, and testing assignments
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with others in a pressured environment
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience using SQL and PL/SQL for querying
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing an enterprise dashboards
- Ability to translate business decision making requirements into interactive dashboards.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to work with professionalism and confidentiality, and is able to work independently and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Experience building reports with OBIEE BI Publisher or XML Publisher is an asset
- Experience with at least one OBIA Analytics module (Finance, Projects, HR) is an advantage
- Experience with Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) or Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is an advantage
- Good understanding of EBS application modules (Oracle Projects, HRMS, GL, FA, AP, AR, PO, etc.) and their integration into the overall Oracle suite is an asset
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Applications Development or related field;
Minimum of 5 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Application and Systems Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001NC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans