Put your diploma or degree to work and make a difference at The Co-operators. You’ll find a wide range of opportunities in your field of study to help develop the skills and experience required to be successful in your career.
The Co-operators is looking for a BI Analyst I (Co-op Student) in the Business Intelligence department located in Guelph, ON. This is approximately a 4-month contract position, starting on May 3, 2021.
What you’re responsible for:
- Analyze and understand the various data sources.
- Extract data as required for project analysis or analysis of our book of business using BI tools or programming language.
- Complete the appropriate validations to ensure the extracted data reconciles.
- Contribute to the construction, testing, reconciliation and documentation of BI solutions.
- Analyze data and find insights.
What to expect:
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You influence change and are committed to continuous improvement, in order to exceed client expectations.
- You leverage critical thinking skills to identify problems and proactively propose solutions.
- Your strong communication skills allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You’re an effective team player who shares knowledge to support your peers.
To join our team:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- Completing Business Intelligence courses is an asset.
- Exposure to the use of job related applications, appliances and programming languages (SAS, SQL, Netezza, MicroStrategy) is an asset.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.