Rogers Communications Inc.
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Primary Focus :
- To create tools and systems that support decision making in all areas of Baseball Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and support the current end to end data warehousing process within Baseball Operations, starting with structured and unstructured data, conceiving and designing appropriate data structures, performing ETL processes to house the data in the data structures and exposing the data structures to end users.
- Design and manage the integration process of new data sources into existing database structures and frameworks.
- Develop and maintain data quality assurance processes to ensure database integrity in the future.
- Understand and document current database structures, historical design decisions, format, definitions, limitations and content of currently used external and internal data feeds, and establish future requirements.
- Complete ad-hoc database queries and analysis as dictated by circumstances.
- Oversee the evaluation, selection, implementation and support of new database systems.
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Work with other developers to help support internal web applications.
- Collaborate with members of the Baseball Operations developers to develop best practices for storing and displaying baseball data.
- Recommend new data sources for purchase and/or new techniques to gather data.
Experiences and Job Requirements:
- 2-3 years of related work experience is required. Demonstrated ability to successfully design and execute data warehousing projects is a plus.
- Expertise with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with at least one of Python, Ruby, and/or other programming languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to read, speak and comprehend English effectively.
- The ability to work with multicultural populations and a commitment to fairness and equality.
- Ability to work evening, weekend and holiday hours as dictated by the baseball calendar.
- Strong passion for baseball.
Relevant, but not Required:
- Experience with a data pipeline orchestration framework such as Luigi, Airflow or MLFlow.
- Experience with cloud platform such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Experience processing large amounts of JSON formatted data.
- Strong understanding of current baseball research.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location:1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Baseball / Stadium Operations & Baseball Operations
Requisition ID: 213577
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment