J OB DESCRIPTION
Ecopia AI is an industry-leading AI company specializing in extracting insights from geospatial big data. Millions of geospatial images are captured every day by satellites, airplanes, vehicles, and personal devices – Ecopia converts this flood of pixels into high definition (HD) maps, leveraging AI to empower a wide range of applications such as smart cities, insurance, real estate, autonomous driving and augmented reality (AR).
Ecopia is seeking a passionate, self-motivated candidate to fill an exciting position in a fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace. You will be working alongside our product and engineering teams to develop a cloud-based map platform to enable large scale HD map content creation, visualization, management, and interaction in an AR environment. The position is permanent, full-time and will have a highly competitive salary, and will be eligible for stock options, annual salary increases, and bonuses.
Ecopia AI is located in the beautiful MaRS Discovery District building at 101 College Street in Toronto. Come join us in our mission to digitize the world with AI.
- Working with engineering teams to develop efficient backend workflow to support large scale HD map visualization, online editing, management, and enable map content collection in a crowdsourcing environment.
- Working with engineering teams to develop efficient backend workflows and APIs to enable individuals and organizations to interact with HD maps in real-time in an AR environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS or above in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of industry-relevant work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Proficient in algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Go, C++, Python.
- Familiar with modern datastores such as Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra.
- Deep understanding of UNIX systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience in building and maintaining REST or gRPC APIs with scalable Auth strategies.
- Experience with Docker and cloud platforms like AWS.
- Experience in operating large scale, highly scalable distributed systems.
- Familiarity with GIS knowledge and tools such as GDAL is a plus.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Ecopia is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Apply for This Job