BIMM is booming, so we’re looking for an experienced Back End Developer to join our team!
WHO WE ARE
Bimm is an agency solving complex web experience challenges for clients in Canada and across the globe. For over 30 years, we’ve crafted flawless direct, digital and retail campaigns for some of the biggest brands in Canada. Everything we do is guided by a simple philosophy: Marketing with greater certainty. We love generating award-winning creative and measuring the impact it produces.
WHO YOU ARE
You use modern tools and frameworks and can code up an application from scratch and spin up a cloud infrastructure to host it. You have a clear understanding of security and build it into any of your services. Although you have the full support of your team mates, you are able to lead the research and solution of complex problems. At the same time, you know when to ask for help and don’t let silly pride or ego get in the way, because after all, you are part of a team.
“Initiative” is your middle name and you don’t give us a chance to chase you. We are on the hunt for people who have an innovative mindset (you still dream of that moonshot project, but are currently working on your side-gig)! Is this you?
- Knowledge of best practices and writing Clean Code
- 3-5 years of working knowledge with server-side frameworks and languages and DevOps technologies (e.g. NodeJS, PHP, Apache, NginX, k8s etc.)
- Comfortable in the command line (e.g. Linux, Windows, or Mac)
- Builds a prototype and is able to take it to production (kind of mindset)
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control
- You can demonstrate experience from at least one large scale project.
- Autodidact who rapidly picks up new concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry and k8s
- Knowledge of Concourse and CircleCI
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, e.g. Shopify Plus, CommerceCloud, Hybris, etc.
Interested in connecting? We feel the same way!