Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
Ubisoft is looking for individual contributors with strong backgrounds in Development, Site-Reliability Engineering, and/or DevOps who are passionate about designing and implementing web applications all while setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Engineering and Platform team which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way.
We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software service standpoint, our focus is currently on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database – with much more to come.
- Design and develop micro-services, large scale web services and APIs for an engineering platform (PaaS – Platform-as-a-Service) while using modern best practices in software development;
- Produce clean, efficient code based on a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality;
- Work alongside Ops team to ensure the support of developed applications in all environments;
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions;
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design all while creating technical documentation with an emphasis on quality driven deliverables;
- Enhance build and development tooling and improve things like CI/CD pipelines;
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development and general web fields;
- Work closely with teammates in design, code, and test-plan reviews to help build robust software and foster knowledge sharing.
As part of this team, the stack you’ll be able to touch includes: OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, Python, Flask, Go, Terraform, AWS, OPA, GitLabCI.
- A bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Relevant experience and skills
- Solid experience in software engineering/development;
- Experience in Web development (REST, gRPC, etc.);
- Experience in Agile Development / SCRUM;
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline (GitLab CI, Spinnaker, etc.);
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP);
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment;
- Comfortable communicating in distributed teams;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.